Chatper 4: A Rough Start

"Did you need something?" Weiss snapped at the girl that just barged into her room. The same girl that knocked over her bag earlier too!

The girl took a long and deep breath before sticking out a hand. "My name is Ruby Rose. It... It looks like we'll be roommates."

Roommates? No, that obviously wasn't what she just said. Weiss looked down at her hand and reluctantly took it, gently shaking before turning back to her many bags.

"My name is Weiss Schnee." She put in as she attempted to push a suitcase under her bed. "Yes, of Schnee fame, please don't ask."

Ruby raised a brow in confusion. "Why would I ask about it? Is it really that important?"

The girl in white instantly shot to her feet and pulled out her wand. "What did you just say?"

"Umm... I-Is it really that important..?"

Weiss raised her want, eyes narrowed towards the crimson girl. "The Schnee family is the greatest in all of Remnant. Powerful mages and users of magic as well as being the leading producer of wands and spell development! Those under the Schnee banner are the best of the best, no one else comparing to them!"

The two stood in silence, Weiss pointing her want towards Ruby, and Ruby standing still as stone in thought.

"So... You guys are important. Got it."

Weiss squinted before lowering her wand in defeat. This girl was an idiot that couldn't be taught. "Yes... We're important." She said with a sigh.

"Cool!" Ruby chimed as she went to unpack her things.

Really, there's no way she'll ever learn. The princess rolled her eyes. A dunderhead like her... How'd she even get here?

———

"And you're sure that you're alright?" Klein asked again as Weiss held the phone to her ear. "You don't need anything else? I'm sure we could send a guard to~"

"Klein, I'm not defenseless." The white haired girl snapped, a tinge of doubt in the back of her mind. At the moment she was alone, her roommate leaving to talk to her sister, but who knew when that dunce would come back.

"Miss Schnee, I know you're not defenseless, I just..." The butler thought over his words for a moment before a sigh escaped his lips. "I know that things can be hard for you at times."

Things can be hard sometimes? "Who do you think you're talking to?! I am Weiss Schnee, Heiress of the Schnee Company and one of the most intelligent people on the planet! Things aren't hard for me!"

"Weiss..."

"Klein, please, just~!" She cut herself off as the door started to open, glaring at if before turning back to the phone. "I'll talk to you later, just... Please don't worry so much."

"I care about you, Miss Schnee, I just want to see you happy..."

"I know you do." Weiss replied as Ruby silently made her way to the bed. "Don't worry so much. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Weiss." The man said before hanging up the phone to let her be.

The heiress' eyes whipped around towards her roommate, a light glare covering them as she narrowed her gaze.

"Sorry, I didn't realize you were on the phone." Ruby laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head. "I tried to be quiet, buuuuuuut, yeaaaaah..."

Weiss crosses her arms. "Don't you know how to knock?"

Ruby raised a brow in confusion. "Don't you know I live here?"

Both of them stood in silence as each thought over what was just said and clearly pointed out.

Weiss let out a breath and put her arms down. "Right, I'm just... I guess I'm not use to sharing with people."

"I'd imagine." Ruby said, taking out one of her books and getting into the reading groove. "It'll be a new experience for you."

The ivory girl frowned at her roommate, but it was more from interest rather than distain. "What about you? Have you ever done this?"

"Oh, my whole life!" The girl with dyed hair threw in with a chuckle. "My sister and I have shared a room for as long as I can remember." She hesitated for a minute before looking to the floor. "But now she's got a girlfriend and is roomed down the hall, so I've gotta get use to that I guess..."

Her sister is a lesbian? Statistically speaking, her chances of being gay are higher. Yeah, and she isn't bad looking... Wait, wait, wait, no! Not this idiot! Can't be that stupid if she got into Beacon, can she?

Weiss looked over the girl across the room. Book in hand, stack off to the side, carefully cared for wand, well set (even if cheap) clothing. She took care of herself it seemed.

Maybe I have a point... Yes you do, now quit talking to yourself. Fine!

"Umm... Ruby?"

The girl raised her eyes to meet Weiss', licking gaze for a second or two. "Yes, Weiss?"

"I-I, umm..." Use your words, you idiot! "You don't need to worry about being alone because your sister isn't rooming with you. I'll make sure to keep close if you need me."

The smile on her face made that awkward encounter worth every second. "Thanks, Weissy."