Chapter 19: This Is Awkward

"What am I gonna dooooooooo..?"

"Well the first thing I'd suggest would be to pass the salt and pepper over this way." Yang told the heiress, shoving food into her face while Weiss complained to the group. "After that, I don't have a clue on Remnant."

The girl in white looked up, a desperate confusion in her eyes. "Ruby said she might like me... but what does that even mean?"

"It means that you need to give her time and maybe hang out with her in a more casual setting." Blake suggested, reading her book as she leaned against her blonde partner. "Try studying with her or just spending time quietly together."

"Who's spending time with who?"

The teens turned and saw the youngest of them walking over to the table with a small tray of food, a smile on her face as she sat by Weiss.

"We were just talking about some of the possible couples of the school. You know, Pyrrha has a massive crush on Jaune, so I'd love to fix them together." Yang laughed, gesturing to the redhead with matching cheeks.

The girl struggled to keep her composure, glad that the tall boy wasn't currently hanging out at the table. "W-What are you talking about?! Jaune?! No, I-I don't have a crush..."

"Aww, that's adorable." Ruby cooed, putting her chin in her palms. "You really gotta talk to him before anyone else scoops him up."

"She got a good point. I've seen him talking with the crazy ginger. That girl be thicc." Yang added in, smirking at her friend.

Pyrrha frowned half to herself, seeming like it was more of a pout as she took a bite of her salad.

Weiss stole a look towards her partner in the drama and laughing, freezing up as she found Ruby doing the same thing with a smile. The heiress whipped her head away quickly deciding she didn't like how comfortable the red haired girl was in embarrassing her.

You can't really blame her, she probably doesn't know she's embarrassing you, she's just smiling like an adorable little dolt.

The touch of warm fingers on her shoulder made the girl jump from her own thoughts.

Ruby smiled lightly, hey eyes happily locked with Weiss's. "You wanna go out for lunch tomorrow?"

Ice like eyes saw into silver orbs and there was a clear moment where Weiss had to make a decision. This was her chance.

"Just the two of us. No interruptions." She quickly laid out the rules, making her intentions as clear as she could. "I have permission to beat up any blond that talks to you."

"But I'm her sister!"

"Shut up, Yang. I wasn't talking about you, but you're still on the list." Weiss explained before turning back to the girl with dyed hair, a smirk stuck on the younger's lips. "What are you making that face for?!"

"No reason." Ruby giggled to herself and nodding slightly. "Ok, I'll agree to these terms. I'll see you at the lift."

"Umm..." HOW DID YOU GET HER TO AGREE?! She asked you out, dummy. "Yeah."

Ruby threw the brightest smile in the world and her partner before running off with her empty lunch tray.

Weiss didn't realize she was staring until all the air was flushed from her lungs with a heavy pat on the back.

"Good job not being completely useless." Yang laughed, pushing Weiss a little before sitting down again.

Blake took a bite of fish from her tray before raising a subtle brow at her girlfriend. "You're not gonna get aggressive and protective over your sister?"

Confusion came over the blonde's features. "Why would I? It's clear that Weiss cares and isn't going to cause any issues." She said simply. "Have faith in me, I have at least a little consistency in character."

"I don't know, I just kinda expected a situation of you wanting her to be happy but also being the super protective sister and refusing to let her date me." Weiss added. "Feel like the situation that should come up."

"Nah, I'm gonna be a little more passive in this. Gonna watch and see what's up."

"That's... Thanks?" The girl in white questioned slightly.

Yang waved a hand. "Nah, it isn't necessarily for you, I'm just busy getting Pyrrha laid."

The redhead across from them blushed a deep crimson as Weiss slowly shook her head. "You really should give the poor girl a break. She has a hard enough time getting Jaune to notice here, she doesn't need you trying to help."

The blond smirked. "So, you want some help with Ruby?"

"Have fun, Pyrrha!" Weiss quickly said as she stood up, grabbing her half eaten meal and throwing into the nearest trash can. "I'll talk to you later. Try to have fun with the girls for as long as humanly possible."

Pyrrha watched in horror as her last defense left the cafeteria, Yang sliding over to her side and throwing an arm over her shoulder.

"Soooooo... You ready to talk about tall, blond, and scraggly?"

"No thank you..."