Chapter 17: I'm Not Stalking, I'm Observing

Ok, I got distracted last time when I was trying to get her to admit it, but this time that won't happen!

Weiss slowly made her way through the halls, a spell silencing her footsteps so that she could follow her partner without drawing too much attention. She was going to find out if anyone knew about this, and she wasn't going to let anyone stop her.

"What's with the sneaking around, Schnee?" A tall blonde girl said, stepping in front of the girl.

"Nothing, please move out of my way, Yang!"

The busty girl crossed her arms, unamused. "You're wearing the most noisy heels in the world and I didn't realize you were anywhere close until I saw you. What's going on?"

"I~!" Damnit, Yang! Please be dumber!! "I feel like Ruby's hiding something, so I'm trying to find out what."

"What would my baby sister hide? She's an open book!" Yang laughed, shaking her head. "Fine, go back to stalking, but I'll be asking some questions later."

"Thank you, this is very import~..." She hesitated a moment. "I'm not stalking..."

Weiss quickly stormed off before she could be questioned further. Ruby had gotten away from her for now, but it wouldn't take long at all to find her. She'd just ask around.

"She's really cool, do I'm pretty sure I'd know if she stopped by." A ginger girl said, her dark haired friend pointing out that she wasn't paying attention at all.

Pyrrha was in a class when Ruby came this way, so she was little to no help. There were a couple random people that had seen a girl matching her description, but not enough information to really get anywhere.

"The girl you always hang around?" Cardin asked in confusion when Weiss came to him. "Umm... You realize that I'm really not looking for you two, right?"

"Don't you have it out for us?" Weiss prompted, crossing her arms and raising a questioning brow. "I'm pretty sure you'd see us."

"I don't like you, but that doesn't mean I'm out to get you." He snapped. "That's some crazy stalker shit right there."

I'm not stalking her! He wasn't saying you were. Shut up, me!

Jaune was surprisingly helpful when asked about the situation. "Ruby? She went down the north hall. If you're really trying to catch up, take the second hall to the left and you'll cut her off ." He told her, putting those years of experience in this school to good use.

Ruby was talking to the one professor she didn't have a class for at the moment. The professor that most only knew from advanced classes or because he was the headmaster of Beacon Academy.

"I'm not sure I understand your request, Miss Rose." Ozpin replied to something Weiss couldn't quite hear from her hiding space around the corner.

"I just fee like, maybe there's a way that I could, I don't know... Not need to do practical magic quite so often." Ruby said, avoiding eye contact with the man before her. "I know I can do the papers and everything, but maybe I could just do the practical magic in private?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm not so sure why you'd want to do that." The headmaster answered honestly, seeming confused. "You're one of my most gifted students, I'd assume that you'd want to use those talents."

"That's just it, I don't want to be gifted! The reason I love magic is because my mother and I always did it together, I didn't like it because I was good at it!"

The man frowned, deep in thought before brushing his silver hair back. "I'm not sure I can allow your request, Miss Rose. As the administrator of this academy, I don't feel right in hiding my students away for a personal favor."

Weiss was carefully listening as the pair spoke back and forth for awhile longer, Ruby arguing about how she didn't want to be special and Ozpin simply telling her he couldn't do anything about the situation.

"There's nothing I can do that wouldn't cause difficulties for your academics or that would be morally improper." He told her finally. "I'm sorry, but this conversation is over."

A few more words were exchanged before boots clicked on tile and Ruby made her way out of the hall, Weiss getting ready herself to leave.

"Miss Schnee, may I speak with you?"

Crap...

The girl in white poked her head out from behind the corner to see the headmaster waiting calmly for her with a smile.

"How long have you known I was here?" She asked meekly, silently afraid that she was caught doing something wrong. "H-How did you know I was here?"

"I've known the whole time." He laughed, closing his eyes for a moment. "And I know everything that happens within my school."

A Spellbound Gem (a RWBY fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara