Chapter 29: Extra Introductions

"Wow, you got this set up really nicely." Jaune muttered as he walked into the study room that was taken over for their party with a few bags and boxes.

Light music played over the comfortable atmosphere of the study room, soft chairs and tables were all around moved off to the edges of the space to give room to stand and talk if anyone wanted to. The practically empty building made for an even better area for the group overall.

The blond started to unpack a vegetable platter and bags of chips out, setting the snacks up on one of the tables nearby. "This is a great spot. How many people are we expecting?"

Weiss was reading something as she sat and waited for everyone else to come by. "Me and you, Blake, and a pair of people from her math class. Pyrrha said she'd come too." Didn't take much convincing really.

Jaune grinned in excitement. "It's been a good second since I've been to a party! Can't wait to see who Blake brings over. Do you think they'll wanna hang out more?" He asked, clearly pretty happy over that idea.

The ivory girl smiled gently. "I'm sure that they'll have a good time, but that's all I'll say."

A light knock came at the door, a familiar redhead poking her head into the doorway. "Hello!" She happily greeted.

"Hey there Pyrrha." Jaune called, clearly pleased to see the woman here.

A barely noticeable blush on her cheeks tipped off Weiss on exactly how she was feeling to see the blond.

Pyrrha happily walked in, a smile over her lips as she made her way next to Jaune. "Can I help you over here?"

The blond shook his head. "Don't you worry at all, I've got this covered."

She nodded, taking the closest seat to the boy and starting conversation quickly. "How's it feel right now Weiss, being on your own in the dorm?"

"It's not so bad." The Schnee replied simply, leading towards the two others in the room. "A bit odd not having Ruby around. She's not too crazy, but it is notability quieter without her around."

"I wish I could say the same." Pyrrha laughed easily. "My roommate is louder than I'm used to, but she's alright."

"You guys are lucky. I don't even have a roommate." Jaune chuckled, putting the empty boxes and bags under the table. "Makes some things easier I'm sure, but it's hard to meet people without being forced into it."

Pyrrha listener closely. "I imagine that could be really hard. I'm glad that we met and you got the chance to meet up with more people."

"Me too. It gets boring quickly." The blond laughed in response.

The door opened up and Blake entered with an excited looking ginger and a dark haired boy behind her. "Hey guys, this is~"

"Hi! I'm Nora, thanks for inviting me over, how are you guys?" The ginger asked quickly, a massive grin on her face. She was about to take a seat next to Weiss when her eyes caught the snacks. "Are those open to grab?"

Blake smiled and nodded silently. "Go ahead."

While the ginger busied herself with grabbing a plate, the boy who stood behind her stepped forward towards the others in the room.

"Hello there. Sorry about Nora, she's very excitable." He apologized, offering his hand. "My name is Lie Ren. It's good to meet you."

Weiss shook his hand hesitantly. "It's good to meet you too. Umm... She does seem... Excitable."

Pyrrha laughed as she stood up to get herself a plate. "It may be just what we need. None of us are particularly energetic today, so we may need her to balance it out."

Blake took a seat by Weiss' side, a drink in hand. "So these are the people I mentioned."

"I believe I know Nora from my combat magic class... She's a favorite of Port's because of how ready she is for class." The Schnee joked lightly. "More energy than I expected from you."

"I actually met Ren first." Blake explained, gesturing to the boy who was taking a seat on Weiss' other side. "They're a package deal, but as Pyrrha said, I think it'll be good for us. We're not exactly exciting when Ruby and Yang are out."

"Don't worry, she doesn't cause too much trouble." Ren told the girl in white with a gentle expression. "And I'll keep an eye on her."

"They have BBQ ranch chips!" The ginger shouted in glee, practically jumping into the closest chair to Ren. "You guys are real cool too! I've decided Pyrrha is my favorite person ever. She's just so ready to do stuff!"

Weiss signed, taking a moment to realize that not even Yang had that much energy. "Well it'll be an adjustment for sure..."