Chapter 18: Aaaaahhh!!! Confrontation!!!

Ok, I am done dancing around this topic!! After getting a speech from Professor Ozpin about stalking, which I was not, I am done with this!!

"Ruby I need to talk to you!" Weiss snapped, pushing the door open to see a familiar tan blond sitting on the bed next to her partner.

"Hey there, Weissy!" Ruby called back, waving a quick greeting. "What'd you wanna talk about?"

Sun smirked across the room and the girl in white. "Sup, Ice Queen."

The camels back was seriously straining right now. "Can you please leave so I can talk to my partner!?"

"But I was invited over to play video games." The faunus argued, faking innocence and ignorance over why she was pissed off. "Would you really kick me out so soon?"

"Don't be a butt, Sun." Ruby giggled as she began to push the boy off the bed.

His own laughter filled the room and he finally stood up. "Oh fine, I'll let her be. You'll call me back later, right?"

"Of course. I promised games, I will deliver!" The girl replied.

Sun gave her a quick half wave before turning towards Weiss with another smirk. "Ice Queen." He said in farewell before closing the door behind him.

Ruby smiled back over to her partner, happy as a full Beowulf after a hunt. "So what'd you wanna talk abo~"

"Well I wanted to have a serious and impactful talk about you hiding your powers and I was going to try and force you to tell me about it, but now I'm too upset!" Weiss snapped, struggling to keep her emotions and thoughts in. It didn't work. "I can't believe you'd even consider him!! He's not even charming or smart, he's just a prankster and I know you can do better!"

"W-Weiss, what are you talking ab~?"

"I'm better, but I don't even know if you see me that way, so now I'm just following you around like a weirdo and not stalking, and I'm gonna have to describe to Yang what I was doing later and I don't even know what that was!!!" The heiress broke out, all her inner thoughts coming through like a floodgate had broken open. "I'm struggling with balancing my own inept magic and my compete obsession with some common girl that actually isn't common at all and I'm very confused about all of my emotions right now because I am very gay and I'm not really sure how to show that to you!"

The pair both waited in silence for the other to say anything. There was a frozen quiet over the room and neither quite knew how to break it.

"AND ANOTHER THING?!"

"You think I'm into Sun?" Ruby asked, completely ignoring the beginnings of another tangent.

"I~" Weiss hesitates, the words caught in her throat as she struggled to control her emotions again. "Of course I do. You're all over him in class and he clearly wants to have you too..."

"Umm... I'm not into Sun."

Another silence fell, but this one was holding a certain touch of clarity and understanding. "What...?"

Ruby covered her mouth to hide the light chuckle escaping her lips. "Sun is like a goofy big brother, and as you said, he's not very bright. No, umm... I mean, if I had to pick one person I could like I'd say it's this really smart girl that I hang around." She finished with a shy smile, cheeks flushed pink.

Weiss was watching carefully, her form stiff and her expression unreadable as she waited for Ruby to continue.

Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly in suspicion. "I knew it. Is it Pyrrha? It's Pyrrha, isn't it?"

The girl in red raised a mocking brow before curling over in laughter. "No, no it's not Pyr~"

"Is it Blake? You already know your sister's dating her, so that doesn't seem likely... Do I even know this girl?"

"Weiss, it's~"

Her eyes shot open in shock and confusion. "Don't tell me it's Professor Goodwitch!!"

Her partner fell into the floor in a fit of laughter, holding her stomach in pain as she could stop the giggles from coming out.

"Stop laughing at me!" Weiss demanded, hands on her hips, glaring down at the girl. "I'm trying to have a serious talk here!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's just adorable..." The girl took a second to breath again. "You're just really cute, trying to find out who it is."

She called me cute... "Now you're just teasing me."

Ruby struggled back to her feet, standing up and taking a step towards. "Ok, fine, I'll tell you who it is. And it isn't Goodwitch, even if she is really hot."

"I knew you liked her..."

"No, the girl that I might like if I had more time to get to know her and to spend time alone with her is a smart and beautiful girl that refuses to let anything stop her." The short haired girl explained. "She's stubborn and dedicated and treats me really really well when she isn't yelling at me because she's jealous and defensive."

Weiss crosses her arms, waiting for her partner to just get to the point and to say who~

"And she got me this really really cool snowflake statue and hasn't really given me a chance to repay her for that." The girl laughed, pointing with her thumb to a familiar crystalline structure housed on her desk.

Wait a minute... Weiss thought silently, a subtle realization hitting her. "But I got you that.."

"Yeah, you're the girl that I'd probably want to date if I was looking for anyone." Ruby said plainly. "Has anyone ever told you that you can't take a hint?"

"Well... My butler has said that a few times since I've gotten here..." Weiss muttered, clearly embarrassed by the situation.

"He's the guy you're always on the phone with, right?"

With a refusal to make eye contact, the heiress to the Schnee name replied. "Yeah... So... You like me..?"

Ruby smirked, giving her partner a little wink before answering. "Give me a little while before I give a yes or a no on that."