Chapter 28: Better Parties Than Atlas

Hey there, it's been a bit and I apologize. It's been a crazy few months for us all and it's been really hard to write recently, but I've been feeling good and got some stuff out for you guys. Don't forget to LIKE and comment! Yours truly and forever,
Killian Joyus
A.K.A. BlewNeko

———

"So for the most part, the build my own harem line was a success. Unfortunately, Ruby knows I don't watch TV." Weiss explained to the dark haired girl across from her.

Blake rolled her eyes and let out a huff. "I don't watch TV either, I read books. But I guess it does make sense she'd know you enough for that."

"You still haven't explained what that word means." Weiss muttered, crossing her arms at the faunus. "I'm too worried to look it up at this point..."

"That works fine with me." She replied, a smirk crossing her lips as she raised her book to continue reading.

Ruby and Yang has just left to go back to Patch and see their dad again, leaving their roommates back at Beacon with each other and the others who had decided to stay around.

"I can't believe that Cardin's family let him come back over the break. I'd think they'd want time away." Weiss remarked as she thought over who was left on campus.

Blake snickered, choking for a moment before she replied. "Oh, I'm sure they're very proud of him. They're probably all clones of each other, just a whole group of bitter jocks all under the same roof."

"That sounds terrible..." Weiss whispered with a shiver. "I'd hate to go back to that."

"I'm actually surprised you didn't decide to go back home. I'm sure it's cold, but you have the resources where you could be there the moment you decided to go." The faunus pressed gently. "Don't you wanna see your family?"

"I don't really think that'd be a good choice on my part." She replied, looked down a bit. "Been thinking about some things recently and I'm starting to thing they're not as great as I always thought."

Blake leaned back in her chair, a subtle smile crossing her lips. "That so. Care to elaborate?"

"Well... My father was never really one to be kind or considerate, but I figured that was him trying to be all business all the time." The girl in white replied. "Mother rarely leaves her room. Whitley and I have never been close at all. Winter left the moment she could, so she won't be home."

Blake nodded, understanding a bit. "So why spend time there at all."

"Exactly." Weiss answered. "I told father that I just wanted to continue my studies and he's fine with that. He's been checking my grades regularly, so I've got more freedom than ever with staying down here."

The raven haired faunus smiled at the idea that her friend had a better life than ever. "I think that calls for a celebration."

The Schnee raised a brow. "What kind of celebration did you have in mind? We've already got winter break."

"Clearly Atlas parties aren't nearly as fun as Menagerie parties." Blake teased. "We'll get everyone together for a party and just have a good time. Relax a little bit for once."

"Everyone who?" Weiss laughed lightly. "Getting Jaune and Pyrrha over here? Not like there's many people to have over."

"Are Atlas parties just impersonal groups of rich people? Yes we're gonna invite Jaune and Pyrrha over, maybe see if anyone else will come over." The faunus explained. "I met a couple other people in my practical math class that I'd like to bring over too, introduce to everyone."

Weiss rolled her eyes with a light smile, deciding quickly that Blake was probably better at socializing than she first gave her credit for. It was going to be an interesting to see what such a personal gathering would look like.

"I promise it'll be better than it may sound." Blake assured.

"I'm not worried about it, I'm sure it'll be wonderful." The white haired girl told her friend. "I'm excited to see who you can find for it." She giggled.

The raven haired girl chuckled lightly, leaning back in her chair as she thought things over. She pulled her phone and texting Jaune quickly.

Blake: Hey, I want to put together a little party later with Weiss and Pyrrha and a couple others. Do you mind getting snacks for me? You know the area the best.

Jaune: Pyrrha's coming? Yeah, I'll get some stuff for everyone, don't worry about it.

A simple smirk formed on the faunus' lips, texting Jaune when she wanted to get together and putting her phone away. "Alright, now all we have to do is get Pyrrha to come and we have food."

Weiss raised a confused brow. "Why is Pyrrha the way we get food?"

"I asked Jaune to get snacks and told him Pyrrha would be here." She explained. "I don't believe she has anything else to do. She's staying over break and isn't local, so not like there's anywhere for her to go right now."

"And I suppose since you have other people to ask, I should get Pyrrha?" Weiss questioned before suddenly realizing something. "Did tall, blond, and scraggly finally realize Pyrrha likes him?!"

"No, he thinks they're just best friends." Blake said with a light laugh. "That poor girl couldn't make him realize what's up even if she told him directly."