24 hours

Aria's POV:

"How can you say that?!" Chase stuffed a nugget into his mouth.

"Say what? That you suck?" Chase glared at me, and I smirked.

I dipped my chicken nugget into my chocolate milkshake and ate it. (Seriously this is the shit. Don't judge until you've tried it.) I laughed when I noticed Chase's horrified expression.

"What?" I asked, looking at him. He just shrugged.

"You are disgusting." He muttered under his breath. I faked gasped and threw one of my fries at him.

"Sorry, but chicken nuggets and milkshake? That's just nasty!" He said pouting. If I didn't know better I would've said it was adorable.

"Don't judge until you've tried it." I said, biting down on another milkshake covered nugget.

We just sat there in a comfortable silence, just looking at each other.

Suddenly Chase asked something.

"Do you never get scared when you're parents are away for such long times?" I frowned.

"Of course I do. They're my parents, and even though I know I could handle losing them, I would never want Tyler to go through something like that." I answered truthfully. Chase nodded.

"You may not know this, but my brothers and I are spies, just like your father." He made a pause, probably expecting me to freak out of whatever.

"Aren't you going to get surprised?" I laughed, he's acting like he just announced to be Spider-man or Ironman or something. But let me tell you, that shit would be awesome.

I shook my head and nodded for him to continue.

"I'm always scared that one of them will get hurt." I smiled knowingly, and leaned forward. I don't know why, but I took his hand in mine.

"It's perfectly fine to be scared, but not to let fear control you." We looked into each other's eyes, and somehow it seems like the distance between our faces got smaller and smaller. Because when my phone unexpectedly buzzed, and I turned my face to the side, our noses touched.

From: Unknown

To: Me

Hey

How you've been?

I can see you're getting comfy with your new boy toy. He's cute.

But it seems like the girls and little Tyler are far from it.

You know my rules, you have 24 hours to find your brown haired friend.

// J

I gripped the phone tight in my hand. That douche! Is this his favorite game or what?

"Aria, what's wrong?" I turned my head to see Chase looking at me with concerned eyes.

I looked into his blue eyes.

"The question you should be asking is: What the fuck is right?" I stood up and dragged Chase out to the car. When there I placed the keys in his hand.

"If I drive we'll never get where we need to go, just to the police station. Drive!" I demanded, opening the passenger door.

"Drive where?" Chase closed the door and started the engine.

"You know where. I know you're getting close to the answer to the question you've been asking yourself. You have all the puzzle pieces. You just refuse to see the picture." Remind me to thank Brent for those words of wisdom.