Let me prove to you that I'm not a jerk

Aria's POV

"So, Ariana! Guess who gets to go home today?" The doctor says with a smile. I bit my lip to hide a smile.

"Could it by any possibility be me?" I questioned, even though I know it is.

"Yes. And by the way. That boy is still in the waiting room. Are you sure you don't want to let him in?" I frowned and shook my head.

I woke up the day when everyone was here watching SpongeBob. Chase held my hand through all the tests and such. But the second he left to inform my family, it struck me. This incompetent and immature creature broke me. And not in a good way. If there even is a good way of being broken.

After James, it was hard for me to fix my heart and build walls around it. And here I am. With shattered walls and exposed heart. No, I'm not letting him steal that too.

The doctor gave me a sad smile and left the room.

I've been awake for a week, and Chase has still not stopped trying to come in. It's hard, especially since he made the nurses give me messages. He made them give me these sticky notes. He would write something on them and then draw something small in one of the corners.

But I can't let him see me. I know I could handle him not liking me back. But if he did, I know that he'll get bored after a while and leave. That's what I'm scared of.

Mum, Tyler, Brent and the girls are all gathered in my room at the moment. Dad, Justin and Jayden are currently talking to Chase in the waiting room.

"Aria, this is driving the boy crazy. He hasn't left the waiting room, the staff has tried to throw him out multiple times, but he has always found a way back in. You need to talk to him." Mum said, packing the last of my things into a bag.

My smile faded, and I looked down on my hands. My nail polish that the girls repainted about a week ago is chipped from me biting my nails. A habit I do when I'm nervous or stressed. And I'm both those things at the moment.

"I don't know. Things aren't really the same anymore." I said. She nodded.

"Aria, I'm going down with your bag to the car, and I'll check and make sure Chase isn't down there. I'll come back and get you when I'm done." She said. Mum grabbed my bag and left.

"Dude, he is a mess." I looked over to see Brent looking at me.

"I'm a mess." I answered shortly. It's a tad bit awkward since I'm currently putting his brother through hell.

"I can tell." Brent said jokingly. Cece glared at him, and elbowed him in the stomach.

"Excuse this idiot. He's just worried since Chase isn't sleeping, or eating. He has barely left this place, and when he does he never leaves your room." Cece said. Brent glared playfully at her, and pulled her into a side hug.

"Yeah, he's been sleeping in there in your bean bag. And I told him like: Dude, you can sleep on the bed, she's not even here. But he just pretended not to hear me." Em muttered under her breath, and I chuckled slightly.

I looked over at Tyler who we're sitting on the edge of the bed next to me. He looked at me with a mix of sadness, relief and happiness.

"How you've been holding up, Ty?" I asked, ruffling the mop of hair on his head. Normally he would've gotten angry and ruffled my hair back, but he just smiled. I stood up and placed my hand on his forhead like I was checking for a fever.

"Oh, gosh. You're sick, I think you need to lay down." I said dramatically. He laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"Ari, I have to ask." I turned around to see Brent walking into the room. The others left cause dad called saying they had some problems with Chase.