01.

One day ago

Namjoon looked at his son sleeping peacefully, tucked up in his bed and looking more innocent than ever. The fifteen year old had just gotten his first training session for holding a gun, and the progress had been unreal. As if he was meant to hold a gun. He knew that Jin would probably just try to kill him if he got to know that his youngest born was getting indulged in Namjoon's 'illegal business' but he didn't care.

He gently shook the child,

"Kookie-ah, wake up, you're gonna go to appa's today. He must be waiting for you, remember he promised to make you Ddukbokki today-" (I ate that stuff today and damn, it's the thing of gods)

Jungkook sat up with a start, his appa was the best cook, ever.

Joon smiled as he pecked his child's forehead, "I just mentioned his food and you're already up?"

"I love love love appa's food. Daddy you love appa's Ddukbokki too, don't you?"

I love each and every part of him. Joon wanted to say.

"Of course, it's the best."

A few moments later, they were in Joon's car, Jungkook sitting in the back seat, waiting for the drivers to come. But instead, Joon came and sat at the driver's seat.

"Oooh, the day is special today. You're dropping me yourself?"

"I just wanna meet Taehyung-"

"And you wanna get a glimpse of appa's beauty."

"Damn you got me."

They both laughed and the car was absorbed in utter silence, until Jungkook said,

"You still love appa don't you?"

"We're nearly there-" Joon tried to change the conversation.

"Daddy don't lie to me. I've seen how you spend entire nights staring at his pictures that you have hidden so well in your drawers. And you're dropping me there because it's your anniversary today. I know you both still love each other. Appa is only making the dish because he knows that you love it, and will probably stay there to eat. A rare family dinner that we always get once a year."

Joon brought the car to a hault before Jin's home and looked at the man standing by the door with another boy just the age of Jungkook, tears in his eyes.

Jungkook immediately got off the car and ran towards his brother and father, engulfing them in the biggest hug ever. Jin kissed his cheek lovingly and said, "I swear you both are growing an inch everyday-"

Jungkook chucked and said, "I'm nearly as tall as you, appa!"

Taehyung cut him off and whispered to Kook, "Is daddy here?"

"Yeah he drove me here, he's in the car. Go and convince him to come over and eat dinner with us, appa wants him here too, he just won't say~" Jungkook added the last part in a whisper.

Taehyung ran to the car and Joon stepped outside and hugged his son tight. His eyes watered up as he held his child close to his heart, just as he had done, 15 years ago.

"You've come all the way here daddy, come in. Appa's cooked your favourites~"

After some time of Taehyung insisting that he wanted to spend time with him, Joon went in. He could swear that the entire home smelled like Jin. Sweet and caring.

He sat on the dining table for four, besides Jin, of course. He was surprised that Jin had already prepared a plate for him.

They all ate in awkward silence until Jin moaned, moaned due to the brilliant taste of food, of course.

Taehyung joked, making Jin blush, "Don't moan appa, it's clear that daddy is fighting a boner ri-"

He was shut up by a smack on his head.

A few moments later, and they were all cuddled up in bed, Jin and Joon on one side of it, under the same covers, and their kids on another side, preferring to let their parents have a moment of intimacy. They were all playing UNO, and Jin whined,

"Life's unfair!"

Namjoon replies, "The only thing actually unfair is the fact that I have only number cards and No. Fucking. Symbols."

Jin hit his arm gently, "Don't you dare cuss in front of my kids, Joonie."

The nickname startled not only Joon, but the teenagers as well. Who smiled ever so gently at their parents enjoying each other's company, just effortless peace and love.

"If you say so, Jinnie~"

Jin blushed as an involuntary smile formed on his lips.

Joon felt his heart warm up, he had tried to chase the feeling,tried to love anyone else but Jin, but he never felt it.

Their sons excused themselves out of the room, saying that they were going to play, and as they were out, Joon whispered, "Happy seventeenth anniversary Jinnie~"

Jin hesitated for a moment, then kissed Joon ever so gently, "Yeah, happy seventeenth Joonie."

As Jin lay cuddled close to Joon, like he did every year, on the same date, he didn't know the events that would happen when Joon would leave.

He didn't know that he would find his kids, his most beloved possessions on their deathbeds the next morning...