IX - a lie.

“are you going to sleep all day again? Come on Davy…please wake up” she pulled the blanket to get him out of the bed. It was the fifth day after his little brother came home with tears.

That evening, she eagerly opened the door to start teasing him again about how his afternoon tea dates going, instead she found the old David; who used to come home from school with tears rolling down his cheek, crying in his sister chest before mum comes home.

David burrowed his face deeper into the pillow “leave me alone Julie”

“so that I’ll let you cry your heart out again? No, I not doing that” she gently patted on his shoulder “Davy, I know you’re hurt but you need to eat and freshen up. Mum will find out soon or I’ll need to tell them if you keep acting like this”

He peeped through the cover “please don’t tell mum…please” he pleaded

“only if you eat” David reluctantly nod his head.

He didsn’t feel like eating nor getting out of the bed to see the bright sunshine; he hates that. All he ever want to do was covering himself in the dark, crying thousand times a day. He didn’t know what to do when all his lovely dreams with Simon, the high hopes he have were crushed within just a minute.

Julie smiled sadly at his brother while he take a bite of his lunch. It hurt her to see him sad. It made her so helpless when she see him crying all day and night, and again  acting like everything’s alright at dinner in front of their parents. If she ever got a chance to see Simon, she’ll surely chopped him into pieces.

“please don’t give me that look, I’m fine” David said abruptly not even looking at her

“I’m sorry” she cleared her throat to lighten the mood “you want to come with me to grocery store? You know…we’ll get whatever you want”

“can I get chocolates” he asked her with a faint smile on his face “and ice cream?”

“sure” she confirmed. It'd been a long time she’d see that smile on his face. 

After going the store, they took for a small walk in the nearby park. Though David didn’t like people to see his huge eye bags and weary face, he enjoyed the evening breeze; watching the children playing from where he sit.

“hi Walliams” a young dutch blonde hair approached them

“be polite, but be careful” Julie whispered to his brother before waving back to their new neighbor’s daughter “hi Lara, how are you?”

“I’m all good, thank you. David how are you? Been awhile I see you eeh” she said as she take a seat next to him

“i-…uhh I’m good” he sifted a little bit to make some space between them, he didn’t like being touch other than the person he likes, like his family and…Simon

Julie played with little one in the swing, whilst David replied a word or two to the blond girl sitting uncomfortably close to him. He chuckled nervously to some of her jokes in a polite manner, he is a well mannered boy anyway.

Looking up at the sky, the clear blue background and the silver lining cloud, evening breeze hitting the London park, he felt relax, almost, then he heard a voice calling his name. It’s not the dutch blond voice that made his heart skip a beat, squeezing the air out of his lungs.

There he was, waving at him far across the park. If there was one thing that could make David cry for the thousand and one-th times that day, it will be the non guilty smile spread across that man’s face.