XXV - happily ever after?

David's pov:

I was standing with my near and dear ones; wearing a black suit and tie with a white rose on my hand. I still breathe. I wish I didn’t.

“go ahead” Matt mumbled

I clasped tightly the rose I was holding. I took one step forward. I didn’t want this. I didn’t want our story come to an end. I was not ready to say goodbye. My heart didn’t understand this and it’ll never.

I bit the corner of my lips not to break down. I tried so hard that it bleeds. I stared the wooden box in front of me. It was well crafted but to me, it was a dreadful thing that’ll take away my love away from me, forever.

We were just a young couple deeply and truly in love. We didn’t know that promises we made will one day fade away among the clouds. And when the day comes, we can’t do anything but watch them as they vanishes in thin air

“Si, I hate you” my dry chap lips mumbled. I held out the last thing I could give, a single white rose. Tears welled up my eyes again as I placed the flower on top of the wooden material “you hurt me till the very end…and i-….i still love you” I barely whisper as I started sobbing uncontrollably in front of all the people attending Simon’s last service.

Ant and Dec patted my back to console me. It helped very little for my shattered heart.

Though I stood right there attending Simon’s last service, it felt like a dream, a nightmare. If I pinch myself hard enough, will I wake up lying next to Simon again? I want to see his beautiful face sleeping peacefully when I wake up again. Then I would trace down lots and lots of small kisses and he’ll stir awake slowly with a lovely smile forming in his thin lips. He would say “David…too early, go back to sleep” while pulling me closer and spoon me behind.

If I didn’t believe what people say, will this be just my daydream and eventually I’ll go back home to see Simon cooking dinner for me? He would light up candles and set up a romantic dining table only for the sake that he know I like romantic things. He hate all this kind of things, but my Simon is one who’s also my dada, who always put me on top of his priorities, even above himself. He’s a sweetheart that care for me like no one else do

As much as I tried not to believe all of this, it was happening, real and fast. Soon, he’ll go to a place where there was no coming back, a place where all his pain ends. I wouldn’t able to touch or see him anymore, but my heart will always belong to him. I love him and only him. No one can replace that.

If there’s one thing I could say to him before he leaves me I would repeated the words “I love you” over and over again. Now he’s gone. If I ever get a chance to meet him I’d say “I hate you Simon” I would say that for sure.

I hate that he leaves without saying his goodbye. I told him I’d be back within an hour. He can’t wait for that. Instead of choosing to hold on a little longer so that I would be there by his side…he choose to gone forever while I was not there to hold his hands. I hate him. I’ll never forgive him for that. He never listen to me. I wish he would, even only once like yesterday night

flashback-

“guys…do we need this?” Alesha chirped holding out bags of chips and snacks

“nooo ‘lesha” I whined “that’s not good for Simon. Here take the list and find what Simon likes, it has to be healthy too” I said giving her the list.