XVII - wish upon the star

Simon's pov:

I jumped up and down out of joyous, hugging the two girls standing next to me. Among the audience loud cheer, we were the loudest. Down there my boy took off his swimming cap and goggles, fixing his focus and waved with a huge grin when he saw us. We waved back and I sent him a couple of flying kisses secretly since their school principal was standing behind him ready to give away the prizes.

I was overjoyed due to that fact that David was the first contestant to touch the line. Amanda nudged me on my side and whispered “I don’t look sexy as him wearing that” she pointed David who’s standing on the highest platform wearing only a speedo and a small towel hanging on his shoulder. I think everyone in the hall should thanked me for letting them see my beautiful boy gorgeous body.

“look oh how wonderful is that” Alesha exclaimed as the bald principal awarded him. His school flag themed ribbon hangs from his neck and at the end the golden medal rest on his chest. He beamed delightfully as his coach Michael patted him on his back and made their way to the changing room.

We stood on one corner of the garden while waiting for David to get ready. Amanda and Alesha were chatting, giggling most of the time discussing the boys around here. Well, we were in a boy’s only high school so I was not surprise. It scared me that these two girls get along so well than I expected cause who knows…a combine of two girls is always the strongest.

“Their playground is much bigger than ours”

“is it? I heard your school gardening is spectacular, take me there one day. I loves flower so much” Amanda exaggerated her love for flowers by swirling around

“sure. You’ll like it a lot cause we got whole lot of different varities” Alesha replied with a smile “what is your alma mater if you don’t mind me asking? You look like you’re still in high or uni”

“oh, erhmm…that’s two years ago in Academy of theatre arts. You could say I’m pretty glad Simon found me just when I finish”

“that is so cool” Alesha said in awe and I just chuckled time to time hearing their conversation

There were lots of people on the playground, some student and some of their parents. It was the end of sports weeks which they postponed for a month, meaning David got more time to practice. There were people who took off the banner, doing the cleaning while some took a photo with their achieved prizes.

David quickly ran toward us when he saw us standing there. He wore a navy blue sport tracksuit and his hair look a little darker because of the damp conditions. He grinned widely and I smiled at him. I opened my arms and he ran straight towards me.

I squeezed him tightly, lifting him off the ground and spined him around “I’m so proud of you baby” I said kissing him lightly so no one else would notice “I love you so much”

He giggled and I pecked on his cheek one more time before I set him down on the ground. Both the girls congratulated him too and after that we all head towards our favorite restaurant to celebrate.

We sat on Denz and Fenz, waiting for our food to arrive. They were chatting and laughing, giving me the serenity just to admire this moment. All the three were bound by a narrow age range, having the same interest and quite all very naughty. It was the first time that the four of us actually meet together, yet the way how they communicated with each other, it was like we all have known each other for years.

Talking about years, a sudden sadness and loneliness hit me. David will graduate his high school this year so he’ll move to college by the end the year, worst, he’ll need to move to other city.