XIX - black n blue

Simon's pov:

Eventually my anger died down somehow as I sat on the bench listening to the cricket stridulating late at night. I was still mad of him telling me lies though. The thing I hate the most. At the same time I felt guilty down in my stomach. The look on his face when I shout at him.

I didn’t mean what I’ve said. I never wanted him to be away from me. Even if I did, out of options, yelling and threaten him was the last thing I’ve ever want to do.

I took in a big amount of air into my lungs and breathe out slowly. I did it thrice before I head back home, to talk about what have just happened.

Despite me scared him off, he let the door of his room unlock. I sneaked in carefully since his lights were down and he seemed to fell asleep. I turned on the bedside lamp. His body was entangled with the cover in a very weirdest way. I chuckled. My weirdo.

He was lying on his stomach keeping his arm under the pillow. I bend down and gently shifted his body to get him on his back. He let out a little whimper as I did so. “shhhh….it’s okay” I shushed him tenderly.

I got a glimpse of his right cheek just when he turn to face the wall. My lips curving with a small smile turned down, into a frown. I turned his head gently to get a better view. Under his right eye just above his cheek bone, there was a dark bluish bruises.

I swallowed nervously. I sat on the edge on the bed. Carefully I ran my thumb under the faint blacked tone. He stirred awake a little “Si….” he whispered over his chapped lips. I kept my focus on him. He was in shock when he see me next to him after our heated arguments. He tried to sit up on his bed. He can’t.

He whined feebly in pain. I was getting worried “let me see” I said lifting his shirt trying to act calm in front of him. God, I was fucking nervous. 

“no I’m fine” he refused to let me check “I’ll be fine”

I pinned him a little harder and lifted his shirt in one go. Just the same as one on his face there was a huge bruises on his hips, this one a lot darker and larger. My eyebrow got knitted together. My eyes scanned to the bruises and to his face. He looked scared.

“I knock on the table” he said. He tried to cover with his shirt again. I grabbed on his hand and there was another whines out of pain. This time I didn’t need any explanation. His left arm, the one I was holding right there swelled up. Though the light was dim I sure it enlarged, larger than his normal.

I was not sure what feelings run over me. But I was sure it was the anger that let my eyes filled with tears. My heart ached a little harder when my David shifted to one corner, scared of me.

“come here” I said in the most caring tone I could come up right now. I reached out my trembling arms. He timidly shifted closer. I scooped him in my arms and soon I took him downstairs and onto my car on our way to the nearest hospitals.

_____________

I was waiting on the emergency corridor pacing here and there impatiently. After almost two hours one nurse came out with David. He stood behind shrinking on his own zone; a white long cast covered his left arm, his head down looking at the hospital floor.

The nurse smiled politely “are you a relative of David Wallimas?” she asked.  I nodded my head but my eyes were still on David “his father?” she added

David looked up stunned, same as me. To make things easier I just replied “yes. Is he alright?”

“yes nothing to worry Mr. Walliams” she addressed me that and handed over his medical prescription “though the cast is long it is not like the way it looks. There’s a minor fractured on his wrist and a sprain on his elbow. You can take off the cast over his elbow in two weeks so have a check up on that day” she smiled to me and patted David on his shoulder “we’ll change that into a much shorter and comfortable cast when you’re back”