SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND

I've been awake now for

7 HOURS, 11 MINUTES, AND 39 SECONDS

and Carla STILL hasn't called 😔!!

I'm starting to worry that something really BAD happened to her.

I think she sincerely WANTED to call me.

And she sincerely TRIED to call me.

But she just COULDN'T!

Because maybe . . . she got, um . . . abducted . . . by . . .

ALIENS 😢!!

Hey, don't laugh!!

It could have actually happened . . . !!

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING! I DROPPED MY PHONE AND NOW I CAN'T CALL MONTY!"

In spite of the fact that I was still suffering from a severe case of crush-itis AND having a really BAD day, my parents MADE me babysit my little sister, Penny.

Just so they could go to a movie together! Like, how INSENSITIVE is that?! Sometimes I think Mum and Dad need to take a parenting class or something.

The last time I tried to talk to Carla on the phone with Penny around, it was a total disaster. She actually told her about my hairy legs and crusty eye boogers. It was SO humiliating!

Lately, Penny has been obsessed with those diva hair salon shows on TV. And get this! She actually calls herself Miss Pen-Pen, Fashionista Hairstylist to the stars!

I was shocked to see her sneaking into my parents' bathroom and stealing shampoo and perfume and stuff. It was like I had personally witnessed a MIRACLE!

Penny was FINALLY trying to improve her NASTY hygiene 😃!

WOO-HOO!

But later, when I peeked inside Penny's room, I discovered she was MISSING!

And in her place was this strange little woman.

She was wearing fake diamond cat-eye glasses, a long scarf, four-sizes-too-big satin slippers and a kiddie painting apron filled with Mom's designer makeup collection.

I didn't know WHO the heck she was.

I wanted to scream, "Who are YOU? And what have you done with MY little sister?!"

But my gut told me to run away FAST and call the POLICE!

Then she smiled at me really big and said . . .

"BONJOUR, MISTER MONTY! WELCOME TO SALON PENNY!"

I was halfway down the hall before Penny caught up with me. She dragged me back toward her room.

"Dah-ling! Where are you going?! Don't be skurd!" Penny said in an awful fake accent that sounded more like a six-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"You're playing with Mum's new makeup and perfume?! You DO realize she's going to KILL you when she gets home! Right?!" I scolded her.

"Never mind zat, dah-ling! You are Miss Pen-Pen's next appointment! Wee! Wee! Come! Come!" She said, pushing me into her -desk- salon chair.

Kidz Bop music was playing in the backround. And she'd drawn the most hideous hairstyle posters and hung them on her wall to help set the mood of a trendy, upscale salon.

Those posters should've been a WARNING to me about Miss Pen-Pen's hairstyling abilities. I couldn't resist coming up with catchy names for each one. . .