Mesut El Habash - part II

January 20th 2018

This had to be a dream.

There was no other logical explanation for what was happening right now. Lena was frozen in time, her mind as much as the rest of her body, as the only sensations filtering in were that of Kara's hands on her forearms, the rim of Kara's glasses pressing into her cheek and the woman's lips pressing against her own. Lena was completely paralysed, her eyes wide open, as she tried to trace back when she'd detached herself from reality and when this strange hallucination had kicked in. It felt so real that Lena actively forced herself to not move a single muscle, afraid that she might break this strange champagne-induced spell and accidentally wake herself up.

Kara eventually pulled back after a few seconds, or maybe it was longer. (What was time anyway? What was life? What was anything?) Lena stared, still paralysed from head to toe, as she watched Kara's face hovering a few inches away with her eyes still closed firmly as if she was trying to hold on to a dream of her own right now. Her eyes slowly opened, bright blue irises staring back at Lena, who felt as if her chest had been split open and every last warm emotion and fuzzy feeling came tumbling out and sent electric tingles up and down her spine all at the same time. As Lena was still trying to process what was going on, Kara suddenly seemed to snap out of her daze.

"Oh Rao!!" Kara suddenly clasped her hands over her mouth. "I'm so sorry! I- I didn't... oh Rao..." she kept babbling on about something or other, but Lena was too busy mentally pinching herself to really react to any of it.

Was this real? Was this a dream? What the hell was going on...?

"...but I really didn't mean to and- and... I'm really sorry, I- I should just go, I-" Kara shook her head to herself as she started moving to the door and Lena suddenly realised that all she had done in the past thirty seconds was standing there like a statue with wide eyes.

This was real, right? This wasn't a dream. Holy shit...

"Kara..."

She'd barely managed to get the sound out of her mouth when the door slammed shut behind the alien woman, leaving Lena still frozen in the same spot with her hand half-heartedly outstretched towards her. But Lena's mind was starting to catch up now, very slowly, and it almost felt like a giant wave crashing onto the shore of her consciousness. Kara had kissed her...

Kara had kissed her...

The reality hit her, sending any remainder of her alcohol-infused daze out of her mind as suddenly she was dashing to the door; catching up to Kara suddenly the only thing that mattered. She pulled the door open, almost throwing herself into the corridor but then-

"Miss Lena!"

The youngest Luthor wasn't one to get caught by surprise, but this time she couldn't help but yelping at the sudden appearance of Mesut. If this night continued offering any more of these shocks, she might suffer a heart attack soon.

"I did it, Miss Lena! I teleported!"

"That's, uh... that's great, Mesut, but this isn't a good time right now." She shook off her surprise and continued past the ghostly man and into the corridor towards the elevator, but Mesut trailed after her.

"But it's an emergency! Roulette is kidnapping someone!"

Lena stopped in her tracks, a hook behind her heart seemingly urging her to run after Kara, but this new information keeping her rooted on the spot. Her current state only allowing her to form the most basic of questions. "What?"