Krunah Nil-Ak

February 22nd 2018

Lena was a morning person.

She hadn't always been, it was more something she became out of necessity. Something that naturally grew when you had an overloaded college schedule and ended up working an insanely demanding job after that. She would usually crash from working late the night before and once the beeping of her alarm startled her out of her sleep the next morning, all the thoughts running through her head the night before would come rushing back in, and she'd be ready to go. 

This morning was different. And not only because she was awake well before her alarm was set to go off. Mostly it was different because she wasn't in her own apartment. It was different because she was propped up against the pillows behind her, clutching the sheets to her chest while she stared at the other side of the bed.

Staring at a very naked Kara who was happily snoring away.

The part where her thoughts of the night before were running through her head was the same, sure.

But boy, if those thoughts weren't completely different than usual.

Thoughts of watching Kara and the rest of the gang sing at karaoke night, thoughts of walking Kara home afterwards, thoughts of how all pretence of ignoring their embarrassing conversation with Maggie was completely forgotten once the door closed. Thoughts of intense kisses and clothes clumsily being pulled off. Thoughts of everything that happened after that...

If Lena was being honest, the word itself had still been scary to her before. Maybe it still kind of was. But as of right now, with the memories of last night forever etched into that one corner of her brain labelled 'life-altering moments', the word itself felt a little more apt. Still scary, sure, but bisexual felt a little less foreign and a little less alien. (Ha! Alien! Unintentional irony for the win!) Because after last night, a lot of lingering doubts and reservations she might have still had were put to bed. (More irony!)

Lena pulled the sheet further up and over her mouth, almost as if she needed to hide her giddy smile from someone. Maybe it was just instinctual – Luthors weren't supposed to be giddy after all – but Lena couldn't help the expression on her face if she tried, as she traced every part of the sleeping woman beside her. 

The blonde hair sprawled out messily over the pillow like a halo, the side of Kara's face pressed into it, her shoulders moving up and down with every breath, the tiny bit of drool slipping out of the corner of her mouth, the sheet all tangled and haphazardly strewn over her lower back.

Lena tugged at her side of the sheet, exposing more of Kara's back in the process and Lena giggled to herself.

Okay, so maybe this was a good time to stop being silly.

Lena tried to look forward, tried to think of her duties for the rest of the day, but it was like trying to convince a toddler with a severe attack of the giggles to be serious. Except she was trying to convince herself, completely failing as she just kept glancing back at Kara and she just couldn't, she couldn't possibly contain the giddiness. Because come on, Kara Danvers was her girlfriend, Kara Danvers was laying right there completely naked and don't even bring up last night because otherwise – yep, now she was giggling again.

It was completely undignified, Lena stubbornly thought, utterly failing in her attempt at being stern with herself. She reluctantly slipped out from under the covers, trying to convince herself that it would help her to stop being silly, but in reality she just had too much nervous energy going through her to keep sitting still. She peered around the bedside area, locating her bra and her underwear as she tiptoed over and quietly slid them on, failing in her attempts at not looking at a sleeping Kara from this new angle.