Morgan Edge

"How about this one?"

Lena impatiently fiddled with her shirt, standing in the middle of her oversized closet while she waited for Maggie to finish yawning as the woman tried very hard to not look bored while scanning her from top to bottom.

"It's fine."

"That's what you said about the last one. And all the ones before that," Lena protested, huffing out a breath and turning around to inspect herself in the mirror. In the background she could see Maggie stretching herself as she got out of her chair and rubbed her eyes, acting as if this crucial decision was of no importance at all. The insolence.

"Luthor, you know that what you wear isn't going to matter, right?" Maggie sighed, in a tone that could've been used to explain to a small child that there were definitely no monsters under the bed.

"Of course it matters! This is our- wait, what about this one?" she pulled a positively ancient shirt out of the depths of her vast selection of elegant clothing, one she probably hadn't laid eyes on since boarding school.

"I thought you hated pink," Maggie commented dryly as she looked at the rose-coloured garment Lena was holding up.

"But Kara likes it! And as I was saying; this is our first date, so everything needs to be perfect and-"

"Okay, that's enough," Maggie pulled the unseemly piece of clothing out of Lena's hands under mild protest. "Like you do with most things, you are way overthinking this, Luthor. She's got an extreme case of the heart-eyes for you, you're head over heels for her, so stop stressing the details." Lena resisted the urge to pout as Maggie put away her old shirt and turned back around. "And besides, for all intents and purposes you two have practically been dating for over a year now. Apart from making out, I highly doubt you're going to notice much difference now that she's 'officially' your girlfriend."

Lena tried, but she couldn't stop an extremely unflattering and almost childish set of giggles from escaping her lips. Earning herself a quizzical look from Maggie.

"What was that?" the detective questioned.

"Nothing, it's just-" another set of giggles refused to be contained, "-she's... Kara's my girlfriend. Kara Danvers is my girlfriend." Her insides still squirmed just thinking about it, and her soft giggles and huge grin refused to go away, despite Maggie overtly rolling her eyes.

"You're cheesiness is as adorable as it is disgusting, Luthor," the woman commented with a shake of her head. "I'm making us some coffee, and when I come back you better have settled on what to wear." She squinted her eyes at the enamoured woman in lieu of a warning, before leaving the premises of Lena Luthor's humongous walk-in closet.

Lena couldn't keep the grin off her face even as she returned to looking herself over in the mirror. Maybe at some point she would get used to it, maybe over time it would become normal, but for now – a mere two days removed – the fact that Kara Danvers was her girlfriend still made her giddy. A feeling Luthors weren't technically supposed to feel but whatever, she was only half a Luthor anyway. And maybe Maggie was right, and she was making too big of a deal out of choosing the correct outfit, but she just wanted everything to be perfect.

Kara deserved perfect.

"Lena..."

She knew that she wasn't – perfect, that is – but that didn't mean she couldn't try to come close.

"Lena, can you hear me?"

Maybe that green blouse she bought last year would be better.

"Lena!"