Chapter 4

Lays POV

*two weeks later*

Wes and I slept our whole spent our whole weekend watching movies, cuddling and getting to know each other more and of course and fucking. We did more talking than anything. Friday night Wes was telling me all about his past relationships, his family, future plans and his crazy baby momma, he said her name was Lakeisha. He told me about how he knew it was her that left the note on my car that night we had dinner at Apple bees a few weeks ago. I wasn't tripping too hard because he said he checked her about doing that, they weren't together, all he really cared about was keeping a cordial relationship with her for his daughter, I also learned that her name was Aniyah. He showed me a few pictures of her from the time she was born up until a few days ago. She was so beautiful, she had brown skin, chubby cheeks, curly hair, light brown eyes and a pretty two teeth grin.

I got my phone off of the nightstand next to my bed and did my usual morning routine. I checking to see if I had any appointments or anything to do today, Monday's were always my handle business days. The only thing that was major that I had to do was going to sign up for college but that wasn't until 1pm, so I had about 5 hours to relax and get myself together. I wanted more for myself so I made it my duty to go to school and become an RN no matter how hard it got.

I decided to chill and watch some tv in the bed until Wes got up. I was watching power scrolling through my Instagram feed, liking a few pictures. I came across a picture of Victor kissing a baby with his arm around what I'm guessing to be his baby momma with a caption that said: "FAMILY FIRST, HAPPY 7 MONTHS TO MY BABY GIRL." I squinted my eyes, why does this baby look so familiar? She was so pretty. I double tapped and I started to scroll again.

"Yo hold up, go back up." I was startled by Wes's voice, I didn't even know this nigga had woke up. I scrolled back up. "Why is this nigga kissing on my daughter and shit." I looked at him, surprised.

"Your daughter?" I asked that's where I saw this baby before, in Wes's phone. "I knew she looked familiar," I added.

"Yea, that's my baby girl. I was just telling you about her the other night, and that's my baby momma. He said grabbing my phone to get a better look. Then grabbed his phone and called Lakeisha.

Wes POV

I rolled over in bed just watching Lay on Instagram scroll for a few minutes, she didn't even know I was woke. I kept it that way because I wanted to see if she would go lurking on her ex page but she didn't. She stayed on her feed scrolling, she stopped on a picture of a nigga, my daughter, and my lame ass baby momma. She double tapped the picture and then kept scrolling.

"Yo hold up, go back up. I said. I could tell I scared her because she flinched a little. I chucked a bit. "Why is this nigga kissing on my daughter and shit?"

"Your daughter?" Lay asked. "I knew she looked familiar!" She added.

I grabbed my phone and dialed my bm up. She answered on the second ring. "Aye man who is this nigga posting pictures kissing on my daughter, saying happy 7 months to my baby girl and shit?"

"Uh... um, wha.. what are you ta..talking about?" She stuttered.

"Keisha don't play stupid, better yet I'm on my way so we can discuss this face to face," I said hanging up.

I grabbed my keys off the nightstand, got up kissed Lay on the forehead told her to send me a screenshot of the post and then headed towards the front door. I was livid and needed answers. I made it to my bms house in 10 minutes, normally this drive would have taken me 20 minutes coming from uptown. I put my car in park and hopped out.