Chapter 14

WES'S POV

I woke up earlier than Lay today on purpose so I could get everything that I wanted to do done in a timely manner. I went in her phone and got out her grandma's number so that I could call her once I was headed out. I hope she answers because I need her help with inviting their part of the family. I got my hygiene together threw on some sweats a white tee and some jays. Something simple until I got dressed later.

I was headed out of the house when I noticed Kyle on the couch. "Aye bro our gender reveal is gone be later today. Lay think we doing something small at the crib but I wanna do it big since it's my real first child. Tell Maya to make sure Lay out the bed and dressed and shit no later than 3:30. Ima play it coo since it's a surprise. Act like we all meeting for dinner and she can ride with y'all. Ima text you the location once I finish getting everything set up." I said to him.

"Alright bet bro. Just hit me and let me know how I can help." He said as we dapped up and I went outside to get in my car.

I pulled out my phone and went to Lay's grandma's number. I called it and it rang three times before she answered.

"Hello" she said sounding younger than what I expected.

"Hey my name is Wesley I'm looking for Calayah's grandmother." I said just to make sure I had the right person.

"This is she. Is my Lay baby alright?" She asked sounding concerned.

"Oh yeah yes she's fine. I was actually calling because our gender reveal is today and I wanted to see if you could come out and help me do a little shopping and set up. I didn't know how else to ask for help. You're the only person she talks about being so close to." I told her.

"Good baby. You had me worried for a second. I'd love to help out with things. I'm just finishing up my breakfast can you swing by and get me?" She asked.

We talked for another minute or two, I got the address and then headed to Walmart to get your gender cake made. Dropping the envelope off didn't take any time. I wanted to peak so bad but I resisted because we would find out in a few hours. I made it to Mrs. Deb's house about 25 minutes after we talked. I called to tell her I was outside and then I waited by my cars passenger side door for Mrs. Deb so that I could open her door.

She walked up to the car looking just like Laya only older. I reached to shake her hand. "I don't shake hands baby. You're family now, give me a hug." She said. I felt the love already. I opened her door making sure she got in all the way before closing it.

As soon as we pulled off she started talking to me. "So you the handsome young one who got my baby all in love?" She asked making me smile.

"Yes ma'am that's me." I said driving towards the mall.

"Mmm well ain't that cute? So what you need my help with baby. What you got in mind?" She asked.

"Well I wanna just make sure that people from y'all side of the family are there like her mom aunts uncles and anybody else that's special to her. I also wanted you to help me pick something special out for her like a promise ring or something." I told her.

"Okay baby I can call up the family members that we do have in town. Her mother is still in prison for another 3 months. I'm not sure if she's told you much about her but she went down when Calayah was just a little girl for trying to be down for her boyfriend at the time. She got caught up in some of his mess and landed her ass in jail. Her time is finally coming to an end. We been waiting on this day for a long time. She does have two aunts and uncles and some cousins that I can call up. As far as some special jewelry her ring size is a 5 and she loves necklaces with words on them." Mrs. Deb said.