Chapter 6

LAY'S POV

I was almost home when I realized my gas light was on. I stopped because if I stopped on my way out to work I would be late and I hate being late. I pulled into the station and parked at pump 6, going into my purse to get my debit card out. "FUCK!" I said as I seen a sign that read cash only on the pump, good thing I had cash on me. It was only $7 but that would have to do until I got off later on. I made my way inside to pay.

"Can I get $7 on pump 6, regular unleaded. Thanks" i said.

"You're welcome, have a good day." The cashier said.

"you going cheap these days huh, new man ain't got no money?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me say. "Ma'am she'll take 33 more dollars on pump 6, her money for my chips and drink. Keep the change." He said to the cashier handing her a $50 bill. I turned around and realized it was Dee ass.

"Ugh you didn't have to pay for my shit, I couldn't use my debit card. You know I don't need no money from nobody and I don't have a new man" I said.

"I know I didn't have to but I wanted to. What you up to these days LayLay? I miss you, can we go out to dinner, a movie?" He asked calling me by my nickname that he gave me.

"Um, I don't know about all that. I haven't been on much, just working and about to start taking classes. You know... the usual, getting over a fuck boy named Dee... healing." I said casually to get under his skin a little.

"Watch out, I'm sorry for how I hurt you. I got a job now, I'm only in the streets part-time. Now would a fuck boy apologize and work a real 9-5? Cause that's me! I'm working now" He asked smiling all happy and shit. This nigga still say some of the dumbest shit. I bet he was lien about working a real job now, but if he wasn't wbu the hell did it take him so long to finally apply himself. I couldn't help but bite my lip when I seen those pretty teeth. They've always been a turn on.

"Shut up dude, you do not have a job now," I said rolling my eyes and then laughing. I kind of missed him, make we can work on a friendship. "You still got the same number?" I asked?

"Yea, you gone hit my line?" He asked. Following me to the pump. "Let me pump yo gas." He said.

"Ima fuck witcha and go ahead" I replied, I hated pumping gas. I was gonna text him from a texting app one day, I didn't want him having my new number just yet. See you later." I said.

After he pumped my gas I got in my car and pulled off. I had a full tank, I got happy because that meant I had more money to spend on food.

I pulled up and home parked locked my doors and went in to shower for work. I had over an hour before I needed to leave out the door so I laid in bed looking for something to watch on tv.

Kayla's POV

I had pulled out of the gas station parking lot around the corner from the crib. We agreed that he'd park there and I'd just pick him up when he wanted to come over and fuck. As soon as I got to the light in front of the gas station I saw Lay pulling in. I decided to pull off to the side of the road and watch what would happen. She sat in the car for a second and then went in, Dee walked in right behind her. This muthafucka bet not even speak to this bitch. Two minutes went by, it seemed like a whole hour. They walked out together, talking in front of the store. Dee followed Lay to the pump where her car was. It looks like they're engaging in a good conversation. Dee smiling and shit then he starts to pump her gas. I got pissed off because he ain't never pumped my gas. I started calling his phone, I seen him pull it out of his pocket and put it back.  You have reached the voicemail box of... I hung up.

I decided to make a sense, finding somewhere to turn around so that I could pull back into the gas station. At this point I want Lay to know about us. Dee been promising for a whole 2 months he would tell her about us and he still hasn't. By the time I got back into the gas station Lay was gone but Dee was still sitting there in his car.