Walk Home

As I walk through the door signaling my school year was done I saw this kid yell after a girl.
"Please, don't go girl... it a name of another one of their songs." The new kid yelled out of Beverly Marsh.
"Hey, do you want someone to walk with?" I asked him kindly. The boy turned around obviously startle from not knowing I was behind him.
" Oh, yeah I'll walk you home." He responded obviously not knowing who I am.
   I cringed knowing my brother bullied him like he bullied my other friends.
" No I'll walk you home I leave to far to walk home. It'll be dark by the time you get home." I responded trying to save him form my asshole of a brother. I took his bike from him and started walking in the direction he seemed to be headed.
"It'll be faster if you walk this way." He pointed in the direction Henry and his goons were waiting.
"Henry's over there." I stated calmly.
  "I'm Beatrice Bowers, what about you?" I continued walking.
"Ben Hanscom. You're a lot nicer that your brother."  He said running to catch up with me. I nodded thinking about how true that statement was. I knew Henry was an asshole but, you can't choose your family now can you. Ben was sweet and kind hearted person who talked about anything to anyone who would listen.
"Where are you from?" I asked trying to strike up another conversation.
  "No where interesting. What about you have you lived here your whole life?" He answered vaguely.
"Yeah I've lived in old boring Derry my whole life but when I turn sixteen I'm leaving." I answered wondering why anyone would want to move to Derry.
"Actually Derry's pretty interesting, if you look into the history of it." He said shyly.
"Really what do you mean?" I asked confused. 
  When we arrived at his house I kindly asked "Hey do you think your parents would mind me staying for a couple minutes." He stared at me confused
" I mean I could ask my Mom's home." He answered as I parked his bike in front of the porch. I followed him inside and waited for him to find his mom. His mom came around the corner from in the kitchen obviously not expecting her son to brought a girl home
"Oh excuse me but I'm a friend of Ben's he went off to find you." I muttered explaining why I was in her house.
  She nodded and called Ben
"It's good to see my baby boy making some nice friends. He's never been very social he prefers to read." I nodded feeling uncomfortable.
"Mom can you not embarrass me and can she stay for a while?" He asked coming from the other end of the house.
"Of course, what's your name sweetheart?" She answered kindly.
"Beatrice... Bowers" I hesitated. What if she changes her mind I thought and panic set in real quick.
"Just leave the door open Ben, okay?" She seemed perfectly okay with my name which settled just fine with me. Ben groaned obviously embarrassed but, he took my hand and led me upstairs anyway. When we reached his room it was covered in missing posters and different things about Derry. I was walking around looking at things when I saw Georgie's missing poster. I thought about how Bill had spiraled into this dark whole of grief, he had never stop blaming himself for Georgie. I told Henry to take it easy on the losers after that but, he only got worse when it came to the other three.
"No way your desk chair rolls"I yelled distracting him from whatever he was staring at.
"Oh yeah why is that so interesting?" He ask as if I was supposed to be used to these things I did only have one parent.
"Mine doesn't move and plus mines a hand-me-down from Henry. It's all beat up and it's from like the sixties." I answered honestly. I sat down in the chair and stared at him waiting for him to explain some of these things.
"Things are strange here in Derry. You probably already knew that though. It's weird...."
"No I think it's cool." I cut him off before he could doubt himself anymore. After he explained everything to me the sun was starting to set.
"Bye, Benny boy I'll see you tomorrow at the library." I finished saying good bye and left hurrying to get home before Henry did. When I finally got home the driveway was empty and all the lights were off. I thanked the heavens for helping me escape Henry's wrath. I walked inside after turning the porch and kitchen lights on. I saw a note on the door of the fridge... Dad was coming home late tonight and he wasn't bringing back dinner so, I started cooking.
"Spaghetti it is." I mumbled to my cat Ashes. When I had finished cooking and putting the food on plates Henry walked in and sat down in front of the tv.
"Did you cook something?" He asked as I put the food on the coffee table.
"No, your imagination got the best of you this time dip shit." I responded adding extra sass onto it.
"Whatever you little shit." He said. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the floor. I grabbed the remote and put on Jeopardy. Once I finished I left Henry to do whatever and let ashes out. I went up to my bedroom and opened my window it was about time for Rich to come.
  While I waited I decided to listen to music. I hummed lightly when Sail Away by Styx played in the background.
"Come sail away with me." Richie sang scaring the absolute shit out of me while crawling through my window. While laughing his lost his balance and fell face first on the ground.
"I'm sorry I left you to take Henry's shit this afternoon." I apologized as he stood up off the floor. "It's fine hot stuff." Rich said fixing himself.
I hated the way Henry made fun of him and I wanted to do something about it. I knew I would have to be quiet when it comes to my feelings for Rich. I smiled turning the music off and put on a movie. Me and Rich laid foot to head on the bed as the outsiders played in the background.
"R-Rich..." I stuttered sitting up so I could see his face " I think I love you."
   "B I'm not interested. I have feelings for someone else." He look anyway afraid I would be hurt by what he said.
" I know. It's Eds isn't it?" I questioned "You're still gonna be my Rich even if it is."
"H-how'd you know?" He asked obviously confused.
"I hope you know you're like super obvious." I answered. We laid in silence for a couple seconds before, we heard Henry call my name as he came upstairs. We shot up and Rich hid in the closet. Henry opened my door and stared at me for a couple seconds
"There's someone on the phone for you."
"Okay" it was quiet but loud enough for him to hear.
"Hello..." I said into the phone.
"Hello, Beatrice it's Mrs. Uris... Stanley had me call so, he could speak with you." She answered kindly. I heard her called for Stan and I waited for him to get to the phone.
"Hello..." His voice soft as he whispered through the phone.
"He's not in the room Stanley. You don't have to whisper." I smiled knowing he was trying to keep me out of trouble.
"Oh okay, You would not believe what I heard on the way home. Anyway people think that Betty Ripsom was taken by whoever took Georgie but, I heard that people think you and your brother have something to do with it." He spilled trying to fill me in on what people had being saying about me.
"Well that's bullshit I loved Georgie and Betty Ripsom was a pretty cool girl." I mumbled in my defense.
"I mean why we would we take them in that first place. What good would that do us. Anyway is that the only reason you called." I asked trying to make sure I could save Rich from Henry if he found him.
"The loser we're going to the barrens tomorrow are you coming?" He mumbled clearly offended by my words.
"I'm sorry I already have plans tomorrow." I said thinking about my plan to meet Ben in the library, "I appreciate the offer though Lee honest."
He groaned almost sounding just like Eds "Don't call me Lee I doesn't make sense.
"But I doesn't Stan-Ley it's literally part of your name but, I gotta go bye. Love you." I explained through the phone
"Love you too. Bye." He mumbled.
I hung up the phone and went back to my bed room. I couldn't find Henry so, me and Rich went to bed. As usual it was foot to head but, I could tell he was uncomfortable.
"What's wrong Rich?" I mumbled.
"Do you think the others know what you know?" He whispered almost so quiet I could hear him.
"I'm sure they're all too stupid to know." I tried to make him feel better.
"Can I cuddle with you just for tonight?" He said sounding like a child to his mother.
"Fine just don't be weird." I mumbled.
Rich slid next to me with his back facing my chest so, I slid my arms around him holding him close to my chest. I could tell it made him feel better.