Help Me Kid

I sat up and noticed I was back in the Neibolt house.
"Heyo Kid." A voice said form behind me.
"Who are you?" I asked looking around.
"You know me. Kids are so funny. Anyway I need your help." The voice said as a shadow moved in front of me.
"Look I don't what to help you." I said knowing what was talking to me.
"Oh come on. I'll give you friend his brother back and I'll leave you and your friends alone." The clown said finally coming out of the shadows.
"That's funny I don't make deals with clowns I said finally standing up.
"Okay. How about this I give you a reason to help me?" The thing asked bargaining with me.
"Go ahead... give me a reason." I said looking at him square in the eye.
The room faded away and suddenly I saw standing at home. Dad was yelling but it was muffled by him being down stairs. I heard crying and I turned around. Two kids sat in the bathtub crying. I bent down to get a good look at the kid.
"Henry?" I asked but the kid looked right through me. The boy held a smaller girl that I just knew had to be me.
"Leave them alone Butch they're children. She didn't mean to break it honest. She's three years old." A women's voice called form down the stairs.
"Henrietta so help me! She has to learn." He continued to come up the stairs. I stood protectively in front of  the kids.
"Give her to me Henry!" He yelled as he bust through the door knocking the mirror off the wall.
"No! She's just a baby!" Henry yelled back.
"Leave them alone." I said as another voice said the same thing.
The room changed again and suddenly Henry and I were older. We were on the floor and it looked like it was Christmas. I remembered this day I was six years old.
"Okay kids instead of gifts I got you boxing gloves. My kids are going to know how to fight." Dad said coming around the corner. He was young and I could tell he was already drunk. The man handed us the red gloves and told us the go outside.
"Merry Christmas." Henry said slipping me a small box from his pocket.
"Thank you." I said quietly. I fiddled with the small bracelet on my hand m. He had given it to me that Christmas and I hadn't taken it off since.
The scene changed again and this time I was eight.  Me and Henry stood outside sweat pouring off my face.
"Okay plant your feet." Dad said showing me how to stand.  I threw a punch and hit Henry square in the stomach. He fell.
"Now that he's down go for the throat." Dad called. I looked down at Henry. I didn't want to hit him then and I don't want to hit now. This all seemed so much worse watching from third person pint of view.
The scene changed again I was around nine now and I had just locked myself in the bathroom. A drunk Henry beat on the door.
"Let me in Beatrice."  He yelled.
"No! You're gonna hit me like Dad does." I said pushing myself farther into the bathtub.
"Fuck me man." I muttered knowing no one could hear me.
The scene changed again and I was around eleven now.
"You think it's funny hanging out with those boys!" Dad was pissed and I knew why.
"There just friends Daddy that's all." I said covering my face with my arms. The phone rang and Dad left.
The scene changed and this I wasn't at home I was at the cemetery. I was crying. I looked around and noticed Grandma was there. I was at Grandpa's funeral.
The scene changed and I was in the Denbrough's yard crying as I held a crying Bill. The other three losers stared at us with tears in their eyes.
The scene changed again and I was home this time it was more recent. I sat at the table looking at the missing poster Dad had put on the table. It was Betty's.
The scene changed and a voice rang out.
"This is the last one I promise." The clown said into my ear.
I heard Henry yelling.
"Where the hell were you today." Henry yelled.
"Nowhere Henry." I said.
"Then who was with Mike Hamlin today? You know what don't answer because I know it was you." He continued yelling. "All the boys in Derry and you had to pick the one black kid. You know he set his parents on fire."
The scene changed back into the awful house I was in earlier today.
"Notice a pattern there?" The clown asked looking at me.
"Every time you were crying. Or at least about to." The clown suggested.
"Okay? What's your point? What reason was that?" I asked crossing my arms.
"Kill Daddy dearest and Henry. All your problems will disappear." He said looking over me.
"No! That'll cause more problems." I said walking to the door.
"I can't hurt you cause I'm in your head and this is a dream." He said and I kept walking. I opened the door and tried to walk out but something stopped me.
"Let me go!" I said trying one more time.
"You didn't  let me finish. I can't hurt you but, I can control you. You do what I say and I might let you live." It said coming up to whisper in my ear.
"No!" I yelled and suddenly everything fell to black.
*****
"How long do you think it will take her to wake up?" A voice said through the darkness.
"I don't know. For the first time I can't help her." Another came through and then I suddenly I knew those voices. My boys were here.
"I'm kinda mad that Bill and Bev didn't show. She could be dying." Richie said and he voice cracked at the end.
"She's not dying she's just hurt that's all." Stan's voice came through.
"And plus those guys are real assholes anyway. I mean we lost Eddie and they wanted us to go back in that house. They must be crazy." Mike's voice rang through.
"Guys I think she's waking up!" Connor's voice rang through as well.
"Beatrice!" Ben's voice called. My mind suddenly got happy and was running a million miles an hour.
My eyes fluttered open and I was blinded by the bright lights.
"Beatrice? How are you feeling?" Stan's voice said as I tried to look around.
"Go call a doctor." Richie ordered as I rubbed my eyes.  I looked around catching all the boy's faces. The tears streaked faces of some of my beautiful boys. Richie was standing over me on one side and on the other Connor was doing the same thing. Ben was the one to go get a doctor. Stan sat on the end of my bed looking at me. Mike and Aunt Birdie sat in a corner looking over the boys.
"What happened?" I asked looking at Connor.
"You blacked out but you're okay now." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Okay so, Ms. Bowers you're awake. I'm Dr. Miller." A doctor said coming in the door.
"Where's Grandma?" I asked not wanting to talk to a doctor.
"Grandma died Beatrice." Connor said pulling me close to him.
"Okay.. I'll go now and if she needs anything call me." Dr. Miller sis closing the door.
"You've been our for a couple days. She passed the night you blacked out." Connor said trying to explain:
"That means you have to go home." Aunt Birdie said form the chair in the corner.
"Oh." I said, "She's with Grandpa now."
"You're not going to cry?" Mike asked looking at me form over Connor's shoulder.
"No she was ready." I said looking at everyone.
"Bill and Bev still mad?" I asked looking around.
"Looks like it's yeah." Richie said from the other side of me.
"You still coming to my Bar Mitzvah?" Stan asked causing everyone to look at him and I laughed.
"Yeah I'm still coming." I said sitting up.
"The doctor needs to check you out okay?" Ben said looking over me in concern.
"Okay." I said looking up at the boys.
*******
The boys left one by one and eventually it was just Connor, me, and Aunt Birdie.
"We have to go home okay sweetheart." Aunt Birdie asked.
"Yes ma'am." I answered.
"Okay. Well Oscar knows your here and if anything happens call me." She explained writing her number down on a sheet of paper. They left and suddenly I wasn't so interested in what was on tv. I looked around and noticed something sitting in the window sill. I got up and grabbed it. It was a folded sheet of paper and a cassette. The paper read .
Dear Beatrice,
I just wanted to tell you how I felt but, I can't put it in words. I made you a mixtape instead. I know how you feel about Mike so, I'll leave you alone just know that I love you.
I looked around again hoping and praying someone left my book bag here. They did I grabbed it and went through it. My Walkman sat at the very bottom empty from a cassette. I put the cassette in and it played.
Uptown girl, Sail away, Free Fallin', Sugar sugar, Faithfully, Have you really ever loved a women, Don't go breaking my heart,  I want to know what love is, Hit me with your best shot, and When I see you smile. I fell asleep listening to in and lost in my thoughts.
*******
"Wake up you little shit." Henry said shoving my shoulder.
"Go to hell." I said rolling over so I didn't have to look at him.
"Dad said he wasn't coming to get you and I need to talk to you." Henry said causing me to look at him.
"What do you need to talk about?" I said looking at him in the face.
"I'm sorry. I overreacted... you have every right to be a teenager and if that means you date that bl...." He said but I count him off.
"Don't finish that."'I said harshly.
"I'm sorry." He said looking down.
"He came by yesterday." I said playing with the blanket.
"I know you like him and all but, you know how much Dad hates the Hanlons." Henry said grabbing my hands. My hand seemed so small compared to his and it caused my to giggle.
"What? What's so funny?" Henry asked continuing to giggle. Henry started to crack up and ended up laughing.
"Good morning. I brought you some breakfast." Richie said coming in the door. Henry squeezes my hand and I gave him a death glare.
"Don't start." I whispered.
"I can go... if you want." Richie said looking down at his feet.
"No, you can come sit." I said patting the side of the bed. The three of us sat in silence until Henry left to go look for someone or something.
"How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" He asked taking my slightly smaller hand in his.
"I'm okay Rich." I said squeezing his hands
"IcameouttoStanyesterday." Richie said.
"What slow down." I said looking at him.
"I came out to Stan yesterday." Richie said taking a deep breath.
"What did he say?" I asked concerned covering my voice as I took Richie in my arms.
"I didn't say anything." Stan said stepping into the room.
"Aye before you get mad at me I didn't know what to say. I mean I always figured that maybe you liked Eddie but it was just so much to take in." Stan muttered.
"It's okay." Richie said into my shoulder, " I understand."