Look It's Not My Fault

I walked down the street. I had nowhere to go and nowhere to be. I sighed looking around, this was how summer was supposed to be. Enjoying the sun in your skin or going swimming. I wanted to spend my summer that way. I had decided to go swimming today but I just wanted it to be me. I sat at the edge of the the cliff looking over the water and it's calm surface. It was peaceful so, I decided to put my Walkman down and jump. I hit the water and stayed under for a few seconds.
" Holy shit!" I heard someone yell.
"Beatrice? Beatrice!" Another voice yelled.
"She's insane." The first voice yelled.
I came back up gasping for air. I felt something hit the water next to me. The next thing I knew I was face to face with Belch Huggins.
"Jesus Christ are you crazy? I get it you wanted to prove you weren't weak or whatever but, jumping off a cliff is stupid." The older boy scolded grabbing my hand to pull me after him.
"Let me go." I said pulling away from him.
"Your brother's up there and if I leave he'll kill me like he killed Hocksetter." Belch said pulling onto a ledge.
"He didn't kill Patrick." I said trudging away from him.
"You're dead. I hope you know that." Vic said putting his hands on my shoulders to stop me.
"Take this." Belch said taking off his over shirt and handing it to me.
"Does one of you have my Walkman?" I asked pushing Belch's hand away.
"Yeah it right here." Vic said handing it to me.
"Thank you." I said walking away and not turning around.
"Good job dip shit now she's gonna tell Henry you took her stuff."
"He gave it to me to give to her."
"Idiots." I said finding my bike in the brush.
"Bab what are you doing here?" Ben asked coming up beside me.
"I was going for a swim." I said lying and rubbing my neck.
"You don't have a backpack and you have a Walkman. You don't take that swimming." He said analyzing me.
"It's fine." I said going to walk off.
"You wanna hang in the clubhouse... I've got a jacket you could change into. It's a bit big but it's clothes." He questioned.
"That sounds great." I said dropping my bike again.
We walked in silence. We stopped in a clearing and Ben looked around at the ground.
"It's over there." I said pointing to the hatch.
"Thanks." He said grabbing the handle.
"What do you wanna be? When you get older." I asked looking at him.
"I don't know.. I kinda want to be an architect." He said looking around.
"You know what I love it." I said looking at the cassettes that laid abandon on the ground.
"What about you? You seem to have life planned out." He asked looking over at me with the most interested on his face than I had ever seen.
"A model. That'll probably won't work out though... with the way I eat and all." I said looking up at him.
"I think you're really pretty and your smile..." He said stopping abruptly.
"What's wrong with it?" I asked suddenly insecure.
"N-nothing. I'm just speechless." He said turning around to do something.
"Here's your jacket my lady." He said putting on a fake British accent.
"Oh no, you've been hanging out with Richie too much." I said laughing at him.
"You make it sound like a bad thing sweet cakes." Richie said coming down the ladder.
"Hey Richie. How you been?" I asked it had been way to long since I'd seen him.
"I've been alright. How about you two love birds?" He said sitting down next to me.
"We've been alright." I responded looking at the ground so Richie didn't see me blush. I looked up and Ben was starring at me with a tomato red face.
"Anyway tell me about this secret admirer." I said looking at Ben making him look down at his feet and smile.
"They left me a poem. I carry it around now... hoping I can find them." Ben said pulling about his wallet. A piece of paper fell out as he pulled out the letter. I picked up the piece of paper.
"Beverly Marsh?" I said handing him the paper.
"Ooooo Ben has a crush on Bev!" Richie said pushing Ben slightly.
"That's not true." He said as Richie slapped my back.
"Then why do you have her signature in your wallet?" I asked pushing myself off the ground.
"It's nothing really." Ben said putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Okay." I said trying not to look at him. He looked around the room trying to find a conversation.
"Did you write the poem?" Ben asked looking me square in the eyes.
"I don't write." I said pulling the jacket over my shoulders. Ben didn't move his hands so, they sat under the jacket.
"Oh okay." He said letting my shoulders go.
"You need someone to walk you home?" I asked as a smile came to his face.
"I'll walk you home." He said laughing.
"No I'll walk you home." I said rubbing my hand over my arm.
"No I'll walk you home." He said grabbing my hand.
"What about Henry?" I asked looking at him.
"I'll take a hundred days of Henry beating the shit out of me for just ten extra minutes with you." He said smiling and pushing some hair out my face.
"I'm still here you know." Richie said poking his head through the latch.
Me and Ben looked down and smiled.
"What a shame.. Richie ruined the moment once again." Richie said swinging his legs through the hole.
"We'll be up  in a second." I said looking up at Richie.
"Oh okay get rid of Richie so you guys can make out. I think not." Richie said throwing a rock at my feet.
"We should probably go." Ben said walking around me.
***********
"Alright call me when you see her." Dad said hanging up the phone.
"What's going on?" I asked coming into the kitchen.
"They haven't seen Mary at work in a couple days and now that I think about she left after she went into your bed room." He said stepping away from the wall.
"That's odd... I don't remember her coming in."
I said stepping out the kitchen.
"Hmm why don't we ask that fag or the black boy if they know anything." Dad asked.
"I don't know what you're talking about Daddy, sh-she never came into my bedroom." I said as I panicked and ran.
"Then why are you running. You're going to have to face me sooner or later!" He yelled as I locked the bathroom doors.
"That's okay be a bitch. You think I won't kick you out." He continued to yell.
"Dad! That's enough both of you!" I heard Henry yelled coming in the door.
"Beatrice come downstairs I need to speak with both of you." Dad called from the stairs. I walked down the stairs and stayed on the steps.
"I don't care what you did today or who you hung out with but, I've gotten an offer to move into another city in Maine." Dad said looking at the both of us.
"This means we would have to move." Henry said standing up form his seat at the table.
"I don't wanna move." I said stepping off the step.
"I don't either but we'd have more and a fresh start." Dad tried to explain.
"I don't want a fresh. I like my start here and I could honestly care less about  how broke we are." Henry said trying to grasp the concept.
"Henry I understand that you don't want to leave your friends but, nether of you are going to get anywhere if we stayed in Derry." Dad said looking over at me for help .
"I'm not moving. I-Ii-I can't leave my friends." I said stepping backwards again.
"Dad the police department needs you." Henry said trying to convince Dad to stay.
**********

"Look it's not my fault you suck at this

"Look it's not my fault you suck at this." I said putting my hand out for another dollar.
"You're gonna run me dry." He said leaning back on the machine. I had just beat him in four games of Street Fighters.
"How's your Dad holding up?" Richie said starting to walk away.
"Oh he's alright. She left him you know." I answered trying to catch up with him.
"Hey you got a cig?" Richie asked, "I left that pack at your house."
"Yeah let's go to the quarry, I don't wanna get caught." I explained pushing the door open.
We had made it about half to the quarry neither of us really feeling the need to talk. Stan's voice broke the silence.
"Do you think we're ever gonna be friends again?" Stan asked coming out of nowhere. I hadn't seen him walk up to us but, there he was.
"What the f-... I mean probably some day." I said trying my hardest not to tear up.