What Was It?

I woke up in a soft bed feeling like crap.
"Man what happened?" I muttered
"Mike it's time to wake up." A sweet older lady's voice came through the door.
"Oh am I interpreting something?"
"No ma'am I got hurt so Mike brought me here." I explained.
"Well sweetheart how are you feeling? You need anything?" The woman asked kindly.
"I mean I kinda gotta use the bathroom." I answered.
"Well come on sweetheart." She offered.
I pulled the blanket back to reveal someone else's clothes. Who changed my clothes? All I had on was a pair of boxer shorts and a a white beater.
"I don't know who changed your clothes I bet it was Leroy." The older lady seemed upset now.
I went to go stand up but fell I grabbed the chair next to the bed. I pulled the chair over causing a sleeping mike to fall as well. He groaned standing up. He looked around and realized I was on the ground and helped me up.
"I'm sorry about the clothes. Your clothes were dirty and covered in blood so I helped change you." He muttered helping me walked to what I assumed was his grandmother. I hadn't really looked at Mike until now. He had the same thing I had on except his muscles seem to be so defined.
"Sweetheart go wake up your grandpa and tell him breakfast is ready." The lady told Mike.
"Where are my manners I'm Shirley and that man you met last night is Leroy. We're Mike's grandparents." Shirley smiled.
"Can I call you Mrs. Hanlon?" I asked.
"Sweetheart call me Shirley." She stated "We're at the bathroom now I'll walk you in there and then turn around how's that?"
"It's fine." I muttered as she leaned me against the wall to open the door.
Shirley was nice and seemed perfectly fine having me in her house. Leroy on the other hand was not. As me and Shirley came down stairs. Mike who had been nothing but a savior at this point grabbed me from his grandmother.
"Grandma go eat. I'm not all that hungry." Mike said letting me lean into his side.
"What you don't want your grandma hanging out with your girlfriend." She joked.
"She ain't his girlfriend." Leroy said form the kitchen "She's a Bowers."
I could feel Shirley look at me for what felt like forever.
"She's to nice to be a Bowers." Shirley said back. "And even if she was just because you had a problem with the Bowers forty years ago doesn't mean he has to."
"Let's go get you some different clothes." Mike said taking back up the stairs.
"Where are my clothes?" I questioned.
"They're in the wash." He answered.
"Why are you being so nice to me? Your grandpa clearly doesn't want me here and you barely know me." I asked looking up at his face.
He tended at my question.
"I guess I thought you needed help so I gave it to you." He stated like I should've know that.
Mike seemed perfectly calm having a girl in his room. All the other losers would've had a heart attack.
"Your dad he's not coming to get you."
"I figured."
"I'll take you home."
"I can walk."
"No you can't and I have to change your bandages." He finished handing me some shorts and a tee shirt.
I tied the shirt into a knot at the center of my stomach and pulled the shorts up past my belly button. Mike was gentle when cleaning my wound and wrapping it again. After he cleaned it he finally let me stand.
"You'll walk with a limp for a while but you be able to walk. By the way what did this to you." Mike said helping me gather my things.
"You should probably eat." He mumbled. "I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable before taking you home."
I wrapped my arms around his neck and mumbled a small thank you. Mike was a lot calmer and easier to talk to then Henry. My shoes and dirty clothes were in my book bag.  We headed out of his bedroom and into the kitchen.
"Mike were you in the room when that girl changed?" Leroy asked as we walked downstairs.
"I was only helping her out." Mike explained.
"Leroy shut up Mike make sure she's eats and I'll drive you two to town." Shirley explained.
"I've got deliveries today." Mike mumbled.
"Well then I'll drive her uptown." Shirley sassed making me giggle.
"Are you allergic to anything." Mike asked finally letting go of my waist and grabbing my hand.
"No." I mumbled.
"Alright. We got bacon, eggs, and grits." He said softly.
"I want some bacon and eggs please." I muttered not trying to be to big of a burden.
"What about drink?"
"Some water please."
"You sure don't eat a lot."
"I'm not all that hungry."
We ate in silence. Nothing needed to be said and for the first time I didn't need to say anything.
"Sweetheart it's about time we got you home don't you think?" Shirley ask coming into the kitchen.
I could hear Leroy mumbling about how I was a no good Bowers. That's not true I'm not like my family. Me and Shirley rode into town in silence. She stopped at the police station and I got out.
"Bye Shirley thanks for letting me stay." I said stepping out the car.
"It's no problem Sweetheart."
"Oh m-mm-my G-gg-god your okay." Someone said taking me into their arms.
"I w-went t-to-to g-go s-see of you were okay. B-b-but there w-w-was b-bb-blood."
"Bill I'm okay I promise. Mike helped me out." I smiled wrapping my arms around him.
"Break it up you two. Seems like Babs is someone's babe." Richie joked.
"I don't have a boyfriend." I said pulling away form Bill.
"W-we w-won't j-judge you." Bill mumbled.
"Where are you guys going?" I asked noticing all of the losers were riding their bike together.
"B-bb-Bev's h-he-house." Bill answered honestly.
"She said there was something she needed to show us." Ed said.
"What happened?" Ben asked me causing me to look at him.
"I caught my leg on a rock." I lied I didn't know what happened.
All I know was there was a clown and then Mike. My night in shining in amour.
"We should get going." Richie stated.
I walked in silence trying to think of what the clown had shown me.  Why was it Richie? Was I afraid of Richie? Why did it choose me and what did Ed mean too?
"I have something to show you." Bev said jumping form the fire escape.
"Is it more then what we saw at the quarry." Richie ask.
"S-sh-shut up R-rr-Richie." Bill stuttered.
"My dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment."
"T-then we should leave a look out. R-rr-Richie st-st-stay here." Bill said walking away.
"Can I stay down here my leg still kinda hurts." I lied I just didn't want Richie to be alone.
"Wait what if her dad comes back?" Richie yelled at the losers.
"Do what you always do, start talking." Stan sassed.
"It is a gift." Richie yelled back.
Me and Richie sat in silence.
"What really happened?" Richie asked looking at me for a long time.
"What did you see that had you so scared? I mean you literally ran away." Richie said obviously confused.
"You wouldn't believe me." I mumbled.
"Alright don't tell me but at least tell me why you stayed down here."  Richie told me.
"I didn't want you to be alone that's when it got me." I answered.
"What's it?" He asked.
"You guys stop flirting."  Ed said coming down the steps.
He stoped at the last on and stick his arms out. Richie rolled his eyes and walked over there. When Richie finally reached the steps he turned so his back was facing Ed. Ed jumped on his
I smiled thinking about how Richie had feelings for Ed.
Ed smiled as I wrapped my arms around him hugging him and Richie. Richie groaned leaning backwards making all of us fall. Stan came out and pulled Richie and Ed off of me. I stayed in the ground laughing until Ben came down the steps obviously upset.
"What's wrong Benny-boy?" I asked
"Nothing." He mumbled.
"Come on I won't judge you." I stared standing up to get closer to him.
I could smell the cleaning products and sweat. I could also see the tears in his eyes.
"What happened?" I asked lightly grabbing his shoulders
"Look it's fine."
"I'm the queen of its okay. What happened?"
"Nothing."
"Okay whatever you say."  standing up to get closer to him.
I could smell the cleaning products and sweat. I could also see the tears in his eyes.
"Who hurt you?" I muttered.
"Nobody." He said pushing past me.
"Ouch what the hell was that?"
"I don't know." the words sounded so soft I couldn't believe they had come form my mouth.
"I really love being your personal doorman really. I mean could you guys have taken any longer." Richie said as we walked down the road.
"Shut up Richie."
"Yeah shut up Richie."
"Yeah trash the trash mouth I get it. Hey I wasn't the one who was scrubbing the floor pretending it went all Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween."
"S-sh-she didn't imagine it. I s-did-saw something too." Bill stuttered.
"You saw blood too?" Stan asked as we stopped.
"N-not blood, I s-s-saw G-gg-Georgie." Bill explained. "It all seemed so real, it seemed like him, but there was this..."
"Clown." Eddie cut him off. "Yeah I saw it too."
Bill looked around and everyone nodded except Richie. Bill looked at me I nodded.
"It was Hockstetter and Richie." I said
"You saw it twice?" Stan asked
"Why was it me?" Richie asked.
"I don't know." I mumbled.
"Can only virgins see this stuff is that why I'm not seeing this shit?" Richie asked.
I rolled my eyes turning around.
"Oh shit is that Belch Huggins' car? We should get out of here." Ed mumbled.
"Is that the homeschooled kid's bike?" Stan asked pointing to Mike's bike.
"Mike" I mumbled limping into the woods.
Bev had somehow gotten there before me so, she hit Henry first.
"Nice throw." Stan added.
"You losers are trying to hard. She'll do you, you just have to ask nicely like I did." Henry said grabbing himself.
At that moment Ben left a a loud scream and hurled a rock at Henry.
"The fuck?" Henry's goons said
Bev threw the next rock causing everyone to try a grab one.
"Rock war!" Richie yelled only to be knocked down after being hit straight in the forehead.
I stayed farther back glad I was a tad bit taller then some of the boys. We continued to through rocks until it was just the losers and Henry. After that we all walked away.
"Go blow your dad you mullet wearing asshole." I heard Richie yell.
I went to go see how hurt Mike was feeling guilty.
"Thanks, but you guys shouldn't have done that now he'll be after you." Mike said
"Bowers is always after us."
"Yeah homeschool welcome to the losers club."