First kiss

I smiled leaving Bev's house. It was around three so I had some time to spare. I grabbed the bike and got to the ice cream place. I sat there looking around kind of bored.
"I didn't mean to leave a pretty girl like you waiting." Mike said appearing beside me.
"Oh well even the prettiest girls will wait for a handsome man like you to come around." I smiled.
"Well in the case I should keep people waiting more often." He joked. I smiled looking down at the ground.
"I think your hair looks nice. It suits you." He said grabbing my hand. I was right this is a date.
"Thank you... let's get some ice cream." I said pulling him behind me into the ice cream place. We got to the counter and the lady gave me a dirty look.
"We'd like a strawberry ice cream and a..." I stoped looking at Mike.
"Vanilla." He said smiling.
"Okay that'll be a dollar fifty." The lady smiled.
I went to hand the lady some money but Mike beat me to it.
"Can't have a lady paying for her own food." Mike said as he handed me my ice cream.
"Whoever said that a lady couldn't pay for your food?" I asked taking my ice cream from him.
"I don't know but, all I know is when a man takes a beautiful lady out he pays for her food." He said taking my hand again.
"Well if there's a next time let that beautiful lady pay for her own food." I said eating some ice cream.
"You've got something on your face." Mike said staring at me.
"Where?" I ask.
"Right here." He said wiping the ice cream off my nose with his thumb.
I smiled looking back down at the ground. Did I really like Mike or was it just me showing I wasn't just a no good Bowers? I mean he's nice and all but was he really the one I wanted to be with.
"Come on I wanna see that pretty smile of yours." Mike said picking me up from my thoughts.
"Oh I'm sorry I was just thinking." I stated.
"No it's okay. You cross your eyes when you think." He said smiling.
I looked around someone familiar catching my attention. Henry.
"We have to go." I said dragging Mike behind me.
"What's happening?" Mike asked
"Henry." I answered.
I took us down an alley and turned to look at Mike.
"I'm sorry. I don't want him to mess this up." I said still holding his hand.
"What is this?" Mike said.
"What do you mean?" I asked after Mike dropped my hand.
"You clearly don't want to here with me. Who do you want to be with?" Mike said trying it keep the tears back.
"It's not that I don't want to be here with you it's just I don't know who I want to be with." I admitted not looking up from my now empty hand.
"Who else did you want to be here with?" He asked trying to break up the awkward silence.
"It doesn't matter we can still have fun. Right?"
I said picking his hand back up. He smiled but it wasn't the same. We were walking around talking about anything and everything. When Mike stopped and mumbled something under his breathe.
"What you say?" I asked looking at him.
He didn't say anything he just pulled me closer. I caught a glance of what looked to be Ben and Bev walking together. Mike brought me closer again.
"What's wrong?" I asked pulling away just a little bit.
"It's Ben and Bev. I think they're on a date." He mumbled dragging me towards the ice cream place.
"So what... do you not want to be here with me?" I asked turning the tables on him.
"No, why would you think that?" He said unconvincingly.
"You were perfectly fine until Bev showed up." I said grabbing my bike off the bike rack.
"It's not like that." He mumbled.
"Then why did you start acting like that?" I asked walking away.
"I don't know." He muttered. "Let me walk you home."
"Are you crazy? Henry finds out we went on a date and I'm dead." I said speeding up .
"If I can pay for your food I can walk you home. Plus Henry's not home. Rumor has it he's spending all day looking for Hockstetter." Mike said falling into step beside me.
We walked talking about everything and anything. Mike walked me to the door.
"Goodbye." I said going to open the door.
"Wait..." Mike said taking my hand. I turned around to look at Mike.
He grabbed my face and placed his warm soft lips on mime. I didn't know what to do I had never been kissed before.
"I'm sorry..." Mike said pulling away. I shook my head and grabbed his hand and pulled him into me. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him again.
"Well if I had known Babs was just given out kisses I would've shown up earlier." Richie said coming up the stairs. I pulled away looking down at the ground.
"I'm sorry to interrupt but I just needed to talk to her." Richie said waking into the house.
"I should get going." Mike said turning to walk away.
"Bye I had a good time today." I said trying not to smile.
"See ya round B." He said walking away. I walked inside to see Richie lounged across the couch.
"What's up?" I asked moving his feet so I could sit down.
"I need your pocket knife." He said shifting his weight. "I'll bring it back I promise."
"Swear?" I asked standing up to go get my knife.
"Swear." He said confidently standing up to follow me.
"Why do you need it?" I asked playing with the necklace I had on.
"I'm gonna carve something but, I don't have a pocket knife. He smiling. I handed him the black pocket knife.
"You didn't tell me you were going on a date." He said laying down on my bed.
"I didn't think you would care." I said honestly.
I turned around and starting unbuttoning the dress I was wearing. I grabbed the clothes Henry had seen me in and walked to the bathroom.
"Look just because I'm not interested in you doesn't mean I don't care about you." He said following me. I dropped the dress to the floor and started to pull my shorts on.
"I never said that it's just I figured you had your own life and didn't care what happened in mine." I said pulling my shirt over my head. I turned around moving the hair that had fallen in my face.
"Look I've got somewhere else to be in like an hour.. did you need something else?" I asked.
"No I just wanted to hang out with you. I mean we are like best friends." He said grabbing my hand to pull me into a hug.
"You're too tall for this." I pushing away from him. My face was like center of his chest. He laughed and I felt in vibrate through his body. I couldn't help but smile.
"You going anywhere else today?" He asked laying back down on my bed.
"Yes I'm going to the movies with Bill. Now get your feet off of my bed." I said slapping his leg.
"You mean to tell me Big Bill asked you on a date?" Rich asked.
"I thought all the losers were going." I said honestly shrugging my shoulders.
"Nope he just ask you. Do you know what that means?" Richie asked.
"What?" I asked confused and scared.
"Big Bill wanted some of that Bowers." Richie said laughing and falling backwards hitting his head on my head board.
"Why don't you call Eds we can make it double." I suggested
"Or we can call all the losers and have a good time together." Richie suggested.
"If you want to." I said walking out of my room.
I grabbed the phone and called all the losers except Bill since he already knew. Ben called back.
"Star sixty-nine." He said and I could hear the smile on his voice.
"Hey Benny-boy." I said smiling I could see Richie smiling at me.
"Hey what's up." He asked. "Don't you think that the movies are kinda last minute."
"Yeah I thought so, but it was Richie's idea." I said laughing.
"Okay what movie?" He asked
"We didn't decide we'll figure it out when we get there." I giggled as Richie made faces at me from around the wall.
"Okay we'll I'll see you around my mom needs the phone." Ben explained
"Okay see ya there." I smiled as I hung up the phone.
"Oh Ben my darling lover boy..." Richie said laughing from the table.
"Shut up why don't you." I said pushing his chair backwards.
"Fuck..." He said as he hit the ground.
"Oh Eddie my dear lover boy..." I said mimicking him.
"Oh shut up and help me off the ground." He said sticking his arms out.
"We should go I need to pick some stuff up from the pharmacy." I said pulling him off the ground.
**************
We all waited around the movie theater on Ben.
"Man is he coming?" Bev said shifting her weight.
"I d-dd-don't know m-m-man we s-sh-should j-just g-gg-go in." Bill stated putting silver with the rest of the bikes.
"We can't just leave him asshole." I said pulling on Mike's shirt,
"You need something?" He asked looking down at me.
"No I just wanted to get on your back." I said looking down at my feet.
"Ok just hold on one sec." Mike said fixing his pants.
I jumped on his back as he stumbled forward.
"Wait I've got a camera in my backpack. Richie grab and take a picture." I said smiling.
"Okay, I'll take your picture." He said walking over to me and pulled my camera out.
"Say cheese.." Eds said . I smiled and I felt Mike's shoulders tense as if he was scared.
"Man am I late?" Ben said coming up the sidewalk.
"No sir we were just playing around." I said sliding off Mike's back.
"So, did you guys decide what movie we were watching?" Ben asked
"I figured Nightmare on Elm Street 5..." I said losing my train of thought.
"That sounds great now Babs can hold on to her lover boys Mike and Ben." Richie said joking.
Ben turned the brightest shade of red I have ever seen and Mike shuffled on his feet and cleared his throat. I just kinda sat there as the awkwardness set in.
"What you sc-sc-scared she w-w-won't do it to you?" Bill joked clearing it up.
"Well we should get our tickets." Bev said making known she just there. We walled up to the counter.
"Eight tickets for Nightmare on Elm Street." I said after everyone had put there money together.
"How old are you young man?" The lady asked.
"I mean me and my friends are all thirteen and fourteen." I said honestly.
"You can't watch that movie then." She said getting an attitude.
"Brit come on baby girl." Richie said making the girl, now that I had looked at her, blush.
"Look Richie I can't let you and your friends in." Brit said looking at Richie.
"I'll keep my mouth shut I promise." He said winking at her.
"Okay but if you get caught.. you snuck in. Okay?" She said looking over at the big group of kids.
"Okay.." Richie said putting on a smirk and putting his pinkie up. "Have a go day Brit."
"Wow how'd you do that?" Ben asked completely amazed.
"She's been drooling over me for a couple years now." He said
"So your using her feelings against her?" Me and Bev said at the same time.
"I mean I guess." Richie mumbled rubbing the back of his neck.
"That's an asshole move." Eds said.
"Let's go to the theater and get some good seats." Mike said waking towards the door we were told to go through.
************
I walked home still kinda creeped out by the movie.
"Hey where ya going?" A very familiar voice said.
"Who's there?" I aid voice trembling.
"Can't leave a dream bitch." The same voice said again. I sped up and kept walking.
"Come on and play with me." The voice almost sounded like Georgie now. Something jumped out in front of me and I fell backwards.
"Oh shit you should've seen the look on your face." Connor said laughing.
"Your such an asshole." I said kicking him in the shin.
"Okay okay. I'm sorry." He said helping me off the ground. "Henry's looking for you."
"Man what did I do now?" I said starting to walk again.
" I don't know something about a date." He said shrugging.
"Fuck me." I said
"What did you and Mike go on a date?" He said clearly joking.
"Yeah that's where I went today." I said.
"Man that sucks." He said looking over me.
We walked the rest of the way home in silence.
"Where the hell were you today." Henry yelled.
"Nowhere Henry." I said.
"Then who was with Mike Hanlon today? You know what don't answer because I know it was you." He continued yelling. "All the boys in Derry and you had to pick the one black kid. You know he set his parents on fire."
"Shut up Henry. You don't know anything about him." I said defending him.
"You know what..." He was pissed and I knew it. I felt a sharp pain spread from my left eye to my nose.
"What the fuck?" I asked him knowing he had punched me. I felt something metal hit my face in the same place.
"Holy shit man leave her alone." I heard Connor yell.
"You know what you'll get it next." Henry said throwing whatever he had hit me with at Connor.
"You know what fuck you. I don't have to stay here." I yelled walking up stairs.
"Where are you gonna go? Nobody is gonna take a no good Bowers into their home." He yelled.
"Your right I'll leave this town ain't nothing good ever come out of it." I said loud enough to have wake up China.
"You think you're gonna get far without money or food." He yelled back.
"I don't have to. I just have to get anywhere away from you." I yelled walking away form him and out of the house.
"If you leave you can never come back." Henry yelled following after me.
"Good." I mumbled wiping my nose. Blood was flowing from it and I couldn't see out of my left eye. Man how the hell am I supposed to explain this to the losers? Man how am I supposed to explain this to dad? Where am I gonna go? The first loser that came to mind was Eds. I knew his mom wouldn't let me in but, I walked there anyway. I waited at his door for a couple seconds and the knocked.
"Eddie bear go see who that is." Mrs.Kaspbrack said.
"Yes mommy." I heard Eds say. I waited until he opened the door.
"What the hell happened to you?" Eds said a little louder then needed.
"Who is it Eddie?" Mrs.Kaspbrack asked still sitting in her chair.
"Nobody wrong house." He yelled.
"Go around back and be quiet." He said closing the door. I walked around back be as quiet as possible. I waited at the back door until Eds popped his head out.
"Go to the kitchen and be quiet." He is spilling me through the door.
"I'm sorry to barge in like this it's just me and Henry had a fight and I was bleeding so I came to you." I said rubbing the back of my neck.
"It's okay. Sit on the counter." Eds said muffled by the cabinet he was digging through.
"Eddie bear what are you doing?" Mrs. Kaspbrack called.
"Nothing." Eds called back.
Eds cleaned me up. When he was finished we sat in silence for a little bit.
"Eddie it's time for bed." His mom called.
"I should go." I said getting off the counter.
"Where?" He ask worry icing his voice.
"I don't Stan's I guess." I said calmly.
"You sure? I mean he's parents don't like us." He said reminding me that Stan was Jewish.
"I'll go to Bill's." I said. "Now go to bed before your mom comes back downstairs."
"Good night B." He did climbing the stairs.
"Night Eds." I said.
"Don't call me Eds." He said.
I smiled and walked out the door. I made sure it was locked. I had to start walking to Bill's. I got there about a quarter to eight. I knocked praying his dad didn't open the door. Bill opened the door and stared at me for a good minute or so.
"W-what happened to you?" Bill asked letting in the house.
"Oh you know just just got a black eye."I responded sarcasm on my voice.
"You w-ww-wanna st-st-stay here?" Bill asked and his mom came around the corner.
"Oh my god Beatrice are you okay?" Mrs. Denbrough asked.
"I'm fine Mrs. Denbrough." I said looking at the women.
She wasn't the same and she forgot about Bill a lot more then a mother should. Bill's dad had been in the war and was pretty controlling.
"Is it okay if sh-sh-she st-stays the night? P-please mom." Bill asked looking at his mom.
"Alright you two but be careful. Your Dad's sleeping." She stated smiling over at me.
We walked up the stairs to Bill's bedroom. I awkwardly sat on his bed.
"W-what really happened? D-d-did Henry hit you?" Bill asked gently grabbing my face.
"Yeah but I'm okay." I said liking the warmth of his hand on my face.
"You're f-f-freezing m-m-man. Let m-me g-get you s-some clothes." He said going to his dresser (closet whatever). He grabbed some pajamas and a t-shirt.
"Are you h-hungry? M-my m-mom m-made s-some c-chicken." Bill was clearly worried.
"Yeah, chicken sounds nice." I said smiling up at him.
"I'll leave s-so y-you c-can ch-change." He said standing up to leave me alone. I changed as fast as I could. I walked out and we ate dinner in silence.
"You ready for bed?" I asked as Bill rubbed his eyes for what felt like the hundredth time in a couple minutes.
"I'm k-kinda s-s-sleepy." He said rubbing his eyes again.
"Let's go to bed Billy." I knew it made him happy calling him that.
We walked up the stairs Bill was so, tired that he tripped up a couple stairs. I could help but laugh at him.
"You want me to take the couch?"I asked.
"N-no y-y-you c-can t-take m-my b-bed, I'll t-t-take t-the floor." Bill said the bright blush covering his cheeks.
"You sure why don't we both take the bed I mean it's not like you like me." I said playing with the hem of my shirt.
"O-oh o-o-okay." He said grabbing my hand.
We slept with our backs facing head to foot .
"Night Billy." I said yawning.
"N-nn-night B." Bill said sleep taking his voice.