Cig

I sighed packing my bags. Today was the last day of Connor staying with us. I had talked to Aunt Birdie about living with her.
"You okay?" Henry said grabbing my suitcase.
"Yeah I think I'm okay." I said grabbing my backpack.
"Alright let's go." He said putting my stuff on the back of Dad's truck.
"Alright let's go." I said looking at Grandma's old house.
"Hey chin up kiddo. It gets better." Dep said coming around the car.
"Johnson her Grandma died." Dad said from inside the car.
"Oh sorry Sheriff." Deputy Johnson said.
"Get in Beatrice." Dad said and I quietly got in the car.
"Hey it'll be alright." Dad said as I slide into the middle seat.
******
I finished packing and decided that I should get my feelings for Ben and Mike off my chest.
So I wrote, one of the only things I was good at.
All the oceans in the world couldn't keep me from loving you
I'd give anything to tell you face to face but you wouldn't believe it true.
Let me have this moment
Let me keep loving you
That's all I wrote and that's all I needed to.
  I knew that my feelings for Mike weren't true but, I wrote to him anyway.
Dear Mikey,
I'm not a hundred percent sure how I feel about you but, I figured I'd tell you away I love you. I love you like a friend and I know that sucks but, I've got to be friends to who I am. What is stronger then the human heart which shatters over and over again and still lives. Don't let that hold you back from conquering the world. I don't know how to tell you this to your face but, maybe this letter will make me look like less of an asshole.
I didn't have anything else to say so, I put them in envelopes.
"I'm gonna go out!" I yelled leaving the house.
*******
I knocked on the door of the Hanscom home.
"Oh Hello Beatrice it's been a while." Mrs. Arlene said opening the door.
"Yeah it has.. hasn't it. Is Benny-boy home?" I asked looking over the women.
"No sweetheart. He's out with that Bev girl... do you wanna come in." The older women's responded. My heart squeezed and all I wanted to do was rip it out and leave it out their front steps but, I didn't.
"No thank I just had something to give to Ben is it but, if he's now here I'll drop in his bedroom and leave you to whatever you were doing." I said rubbing the back of my neck.
***********
I sat on my bike in front of Mike's house and thought about going in. I decide I should just leave it. I sat in down on the porch and rode away. I stopped at the ice cream place a grabbed some vanilla ice cream.
"Y-y-you okay?" Bill asked coming up behind me.
"Yeah I'm fine." I stand standing up.
"L-ll-look y-your mad at me I g-gg-get it." He said walking away.
"Where you headed?" I asked catching up with him.
"H-h-home pr-probably." He said looking down.
"Why don't you come with me. Neither of us want to go home." I suggested.
"I sh-sh-should really g-go." He said as he started walking again.
"Oh okay I'll see you around." I said it out of pain we were still friends right?
**********
It had been a couple days after my meeting with Bill that I saw Ben. He was with Bev on their way home from summer school. I wanted to talk to him but, I knew he was more interested in Bev. I hadn't seen him in days now and I couldn't get his sweet smile out of my head.
"Something bothering you?" Dad asked looking at me form across from the dinner table.
"No sir." I said as I continued to play with my food.
"How's was your day Henry? Find that crazy friend of yours?" Dad asked obviously trying to seem normal.
"No sir." Henry said looking over at me.
The doorbell rang and Dad got up to grab it.
"Come on in. Kids I have someone I want you to meet." Dad said walking into the kitchen. There was a small blonde lady who could've have been but twenty following my dad. The women was slender and short. She looked more like a kid than an adult.
"This is Mary." Dad said and I waved at her. I looked over at Henry and he looked pissed. The sad boy in the bathtub flashed across my mind and suddenly I was pissed.
"That's my daughter Beatrice and that's my oldest son Henry." Dad said pointing towards us.
"That's funny I thought was the other way around with the way her hair's cut." Marry said giggling. The women's high pitched voice hurt my ears. I could tell her laugh was fake and I already hated the fake tan on the woman's body.
"How's it feel to be half the age of your boyfriend?" Henry asked looking at the lady.
"How's it feel to be closer to his kids age than his?" I asked standing up.
"Kids." Dad said harshly.
"No they're fine Butch let em have there fun." Mary insisted making eye contact with me.
"Can I be excused?" I asked seeing something wall past the window.
"Mary just got here." Dad said looking over at me.
"I don't feel good. I just wanna lay down." I explained as I heard talking from outside.
"Oh okay." Henry said, "Maybe she should lay down she's looks kinda pale." 
"Alright go lay down." Dad said.
I hurried up the stairs, just knowing Richie was up there.
"Hey beautiful." Richie said the moment I opened my door.
"Hey Rich." I said smiling.
"No music this time."Richie said siting on my bed.
"I was eating." I said grabbing the radio. The cassette someone had made me played.
"Man this songs so old." He complained.
"If you don't like it you can leave." I said pushing him to the floor.
"Oh I brought something and someone with me." Richie said pulling something out of his pocket.
"Are those cigarettes? Where'd you get em?" I asked.
"Yeah and I brought Benny-boy. Oh and my mom's purse." Richie pulling out a cig and handing it to me. Ben slide through the window.
"Hi." He said shyly looking around.
"Benny-boy has himself a secret admirer." Richie said grabbing my attention.
"Really?" I said cleaning off my desk chair and sitting in it.
"Yeah they left him a poem. Mike said he got one too. His was a letter they had the same handwriting on them." Richie explained lighting the cigarette in my hand. I took a long drag and handed it to him. Richie took a drag and handed it to Ben. Ben got comfortable on the little bit of room Richie and left him after sprawling out across my bed.
"Ben's sneaking out and smoking. Richie I think we're a bad influence and for God's sake get your feet off my bed." I said smiling as Ben coughed passing the cancer stick back to Rich.
"Not that bad of an influence... Bev smokes too." Richie said handing the cigarette to me.
"Yeah but we're giving him the cigarettes." I said after taking another puff.
"Anyway I saw the blonde walk in. She Henry's girlfriend or something." Richie asked as Ben awkwardly sat on my bed seeming very interested in the song that was playing.
"Nah she's my Dad's new girlfriend she works at the dinner." I explained grabbing the pack of cigarettes.
"Oh she looks kinda young." Ben said breaking my focus.
"Yeah she's like half his age." I said putting the main cigarette in my mouth and lighting one out the pack. I handed to one that I had just lit to Richie.
"That's kinda gross." Richie said looking over me concern.
"How do you feel about it?" Ben asked me I realized he had no clue where my mom was.
"It's fine. It has been ten years since my mom left." I said handing my cigarette to Ben.
"Oh so you'll share a cigarette with him but, not with me." Richie said pretending to be offended.
"I don't know where your mouth has been." I replied.
"Beatrice." Mary high pitched voice came up the stairs.
"Get in the closet." I said grabbing the cigarettes and putting them out.
The women opened the door as soon as I closed the closet door.
"You okay sweetheart?" The women asked.
"I'm fine and please don't call me sweetheart." I respond.
"I thought you were laying down." She asked sitting down on my bed.
"Oh I thought I heard something move around so, I went to go check it out." I said as I stared at her. She wasn't pretty and didn't look much to worried about me.
"Oh okay and princess you shouldn't be smoking. Oh and tell that boy in your closet he can come out.. I'm not going to tell Oscar." She smiling over at me.
"There's no boy in my closet." I said stepping away from the door.
"I heard you talking." Mary stood up and put her hand on the doorknob. I heard Ben sneeze and cringed away form her. She opens the door and out tumbled Richie and Ben.
"You have way to much perfume on lady." Richie said rubbing his nose. Ben slowly reached up and rubbed his nose as he looked down at the ground.
"You have two boys over. That's awful brave." Marry said completely ignoring what Richie said.
"Wait I know you... you're that fag that's always at the movie theater." Mary said laughing and pointing at Richie. I knew what Connor and Henry had done to Richie and thinking about it made my blood boil.
"Get out of my room and never step foot in this house again." I said standing up for Richie.
"You think your smooth you little shit. I'm only here until Oscar there kicks the bucket and then I get all his insurance money." She said flicking me in the head.
"You think we have life insurance. You're too funny." I said looking at the women.
"The only reason we have insurance is because my dad's a cop. They don't give him money unless he gets hurt while on the job." I explained.
"Oh...." Mary said as she stared at me.
"Do your research before picking an old man." I said opening the main door for her.
"She seems like a bitch." Richie said once the women had left.
"Yeah she is." Ben said breaking the silence.
"You okay Richie?" I asked pretending not to notice the tears in his eyes.
"Yeah what's that old hag know." Richie said taking the cigarettes back from me and lighting them again.