Quarry

I woke up to a pounding on door and pain. I groaned and rolled over only to hit my head on the faucet.
"Wake up, Connor is gonna be here any minute." Henry yelled through the door.
   I groaned obviously not wanting to wake up. Connor was my older cousin and I hate him with every fiber of my being. He was an asshole like most of my family.
"I don't even know why he's coming. We don't even want him and he doesn't want to be here." I complained knowing he wouldn't listen.
"Look all I know is that I'm getting put out of my room for him and you're gonna room with me so suck it up." He stayed obviously done.
"Wait you're rooming with me." I yelled pulling the door open.
"Yeah dipshit I'm not exactly excited either. You'll get use to it and while I'm in there make sure that fag out of there." Henry stated.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I mumbled trying not to look at him.
"Okay we'll both pretend that the trash mouth doesn't sneak into your window every night." He sighed.
"I have plans today." I mumbled walking towards the door that led to my room. (Their bathroom is kind of like the Brady butch bathroom except it only hooks to her room.)
I unlocked the door and walked into my bedroom. I started gathering clothes to put in my bag. I had never just stripped in front of the boys because I knew that it would've been awkward. A simple black undershirt and some red athletic shorts seemed fine.
"If you think you're wearing that you've got another thing coming." Henry said coming out of the bathroom.
"What makes you think you can stop me." I retorted.
"The fact that I'm your older brother trying to keep those pervs looking at you." He sassed right back.
"What are they Henry gay or pervs. Make up your mind." I shot back.
"That trash mouth he's a perv." He defended
"You called him gay earlier." I said with a monotoned voice.
I pushed Henry out putting my nightstand in front of the door to keep him out. I slipped my gross sweaty shirt off to see a couple of small bruises on my shoulder from where Vic grabbed me. I continued to get dressed ignoring the bruises. I grabbed my book bag and started walking.
"Babs." I heard someone muttered. (Her initials spell out babs.)
I turned around to see no one there. Guess my imagination got the better of me.
"Babs." This time it was louder and it clear who said it.
"Hockstetter!"I called out "my brother has been going crazy looking for you."
The boy then shot out of the woods his back to me. I put my hand on his shoulder to get his attention.
"What the hell man." I mumbled.
Patrick slowly turned around and to my surprise his face was half gone.
"I'll show you how to float." He said drool inching from his lips.
I turned around not wanting to stick around to see what that meant. I took of running going the opposite direction of Hockstetter. I had made it in to the porch when I heard both the cars pull off.
"Fuck." I muttered.
Something pushed me causing me to lose my balance and fall over the banister. I hit the ground hard and felt a rock cut my leg. I stood up best I could and ran around the house to the seller. I shut the door behind me hoping whatever it was would just go away. I was half way up the stairs when I heard the doors open.
"Go away." I yelled my voice quivering from fear.
"Well you see that seems fun but then what's the point in chasing you." That wasn't Hockstetter.
I turned around to see Hockstetter coming up the stairs and a clown at the seller doors. I made to the main door and tried to open. It was locked.
"Someone help me please." I yelled beating on the door.
"Fuck me man. Why me?" I muttered.
"Because they left you alone my dear child. Daddy doesn't want you and dear ole Henry's an asshole. You say it all the time." That stupid clown stated causing me to hit the door even harder.
The door shot open and a bright light cam through it. Strong aren wrapped around my waist and pulled me into the persons chest.
"What the fuck." It was Henry.
"There's something down there." I cried into his chest.
"What was it?" He asked sweetness covering his voice.
"It was Hockstetter but, it wasn't Hockstetter and there was a clown." I muttered enjoying having someone hold me close to them.
"You idiots you look outside. If you don't find anything look again." He ordered talking to his goons. "Hey you're okay I'm not gonna let anything hurt you anymore." He mumbled burring his face into my hair.
"I hurt my leg." I mumbled trying to sound tough in front of Henry.
"I'll clean it up and drive you to town so you can do whatever it is you're doing with your friends." He stated helping me off the floor.
We walked to the bathroom in silence. I noticed Henry wasn't always an asshole.
"What about Connor?" I asked confused taking over my voice.
"He can wait." Henry muttered helping me into the bathroom sink.
He sucked air through his teeth when he saw it.
"You sure you still want to go?" He asked concerned covering his face.
I nodded. Trying my best not to cry. Henry had what I liked to call a Dally complex. He was strong when you needed him to be but, he just couldn't be soft around other people and there was no way I was going to be Ponyboy. The pain in my fist hurt more then the pain in my leg. My fist where bright red and they were bleeding.
"There was nothing out there man. We even searched the seller man." Vic said coming into the bathroom.
"When'd you go soft Bowers?" Belch questioned obviously ready to die.
"I haven't gone soft dumbass. I'm trying to take care of my sister." He said irritated.
"You make of that Kaspbrak kid for taking care of people." Belch stated clearly to stupid to understand that Henry would kill him.
"That's different." Henry defended.
Henry gave me his hand as he put the alcohol on my leg. I squeezed it giving him some comfort that I was okay.
"Either way she's riding up town with us and I'm driving give me the keys." Henry ordered once he was done bandaging my leg.
"There's no way you're gonna drive my car." Belch said starting an argument.
"I'm not letting my sister sit in the front with you or in the back with him. So give me the keys." Henry yelled.
I could tell he was irritated so I didn't say anything. I sat in the front seat and waited for Henry to say something. Bev Marsh was walking by herself on what looked like the way to the quarry.
"Hey I'll go with her."I stated trying to get out of the awkward situation.
"You sure. She's walking." Henry said trying to keep me in the car.
"I'll be fine. The cut wasn't even that bad." I answered getting out the car.
"Hey Beatrice." Bev said grabbing my bag from me.
I waved bye to my brother and took off towards the quarry. As I walking towards Bev's bike I could tell I was limping.
"I mean I know your brother's the worst but you seem awful ready to get away form him." She giggled.
"Man he's been awful overprotective lately I fell this morning and now she treating me like a baby." I groaned.
"Anyway where you going?" She asked.
"The quarry with the boys." I answered.
"Ahh me too." She smiled obviously glad to not be the only girl.
We walked in silence until my beautiful losers.
"It's about mass. It's always been about mass."
"What is- what the fuck is mass?"
"Alright who's going first?" The boys stared down at the water clearly all to scared to jump.
"I'll go!" Bev sated getting undressed.
She held her hand out to me and I shook my head.
"I always go last just to make sure Ed doesn't chicken out." I stated honestly.
All the losers laughed.
"Sissies." Bev said going over the edge.
"We just shown up by a girl." Richie stated.
We all went like usual. Richie, Bill, Stan, Ben, Ed, and me. I hesitated my leg did kind of hurt and the quarry isn't exactly sanitary. I mean Ben went but, my leg just happened this morning it hadn't had time to heal.
"You coming Bab?" Richie called.
  I used all my leg power to push myself of the cliff. When I hit the water my leg almost instantly hurt.
"For a second I thought you chicken out." Richie laughed.
"You g-guys w-ww-wanna p-p-play chicken?" Bill ask.
"I'm good" I muttered everything that happened this morning still kind of under my skin.
"You can always help me be a referee." Ed offered.
"Can I talk to you Bab?" It was Ben.
"Yeah, sure what's up?" I said swimming closer.
"What happened yesterday? I mean with Henry cause you have bruises on your shoulder and your leg is bandaged." He ask obviously concerned.
"Oh the bruises are from Vic and I fell this morning." I explained.
He smiled and that was enough for me.
"Do you think I should cut my hair like Bev's. I mean she looks pretty good." I asked after the silence had taken to long to leave.
"I mean you're pretty you shouldn't put yourself down like that." He mumbled
I smiled which seemed to make he tension ease out of him.
"And Bev and Bill won. It's unbelievable." Ed pretended to announce. I giggled ignoring the boys.
"Something touch my foot." I muttered.
"What she say?"
"What was that?"
I smiled knowing what I was doing. I pretended to be pulled underwater.
"Holy shit!"
"What the fuck was that?"
"Do you guys see her?"
"Fuck me man."
I swam in between Richie and Bill. I touched both of them and swam away.
"What the fuck?"
"S-s-ss-something t-tt-t-touched m-m-me."
I came up behind Ben and took a deep breathe. He turned around and I put my finger up to mouth to signal him to stay quiet. I crept around Ben and jumped on Stan's shoulders pushing him under the water. I came back up laughing.
"You're such an asshole." Ed said splashing me with water.
"It was funny man." I defended splashing him back.
"That was a pretty good one." Richie said putting his arm around my shoulder.
I shrugged Richie's arm off swimming off.
"Something touched my foot." Richie said panic taking over him.
"What was it." I asked concerned. Jumping on Stan's back scared.
"Do you see it?"
"It w-ww-was a t-turtle."
After about an hour of swimming we all got tired so we climbed out on a rock next to the water. I pretended not to see all the guys stare at Bev. I had never had the confidence to get undressed in front of the boys. I had never like the attention but now I was suddenly jealous.
Why won't they look at me like that?  Am I not pretty enough? Maybe I should do what she did next time.
"Why do still have your books? Schools out for summer." Richie asked Ben using a stupid accent.
"Wow who sent you this?" Richie asked asked picking up a post card.
"No one." Ben defended snatching it from him.
"What's the black spot?"
"It's an old night club that was burned down by a racist cult."
"Y-yy-your hair" Bill stuttered.
"It's beautiful." Ben explained.
I ignored the look Bill shot Ben. I walk towards the woods with my backpack. I was going to change. I tapped Bev on the shoulder and ask
"Will you come with me?"
"Yeah what are we doing?"
"I'm changing."
"Okay"
"When you guys are done making out in the woods. We're leaving to go to Ben's house." Richie stated.
I flipped him off as we walked into the woods. When I decided we were far enough I stopped and started stripping in front of her.
"The boys were looking at you a lot." I said starting up a conversation.
"Yeah I mean I got used to it." She mumbled obviously not trying to stare at me.
"I had never really had confidence like you do." I stare sliding the wet underclothes off.
I stared to put my clothes back on when we heard
"Hey Richie said ..." Stan said
"I'm sorry." He mumbled trying his best to keep eye contact.
"It's fine but like can you go now." I responded uncomfortable.
He walked away obviously uncomfortable.
"See they can stare at you too." Bev joked
"I mean I didn't want them to see me naked." I basically yelled rushing to put my clothes on.
"Dude what's wrong?"
"Are they coming?"
"Why are you so red?"
"Oh my god you saw Bab in her underwear didn't you.?"
"He saw a bit more then that." Bev stated.
"Holy shit you saw her naked. That makes you more of a man then a stupid speech." Richie said honestly.
"You guys said we were going to Ben's house." I muttered walking in front of the group.
I kept pulling my shorts down and my shirt up hoping they couldn't see anything.
"You've got nothing to worry about sweet cheeks you just as hot as Bev here." Richie said trying time make me smile. I heard Bev let out a small laugh.
"I thought you were hot before I saw you naked." Stan whispered coming up next to me. "And your clothes cover plenty."
"I mean it means a lot but I know you don't mean the first part." I mumbled smiling at him.
"Hey if you're going to kiss her just do it." Richie stated.
I heard a familiar voice come from behind us.
"Hey princess we ditched your brother so come on and let us show you some real loving." Vic yelled pulling up to bother me.
"L-ll-leave her alone a-aa-asshole." Bill defended me.
Stan pushes me behind him. I smiled at the boys as they all kind of shifted so they were in front of me. I saw Ed put his hand behind him it was opened wide so, I put my hand inside of it. He seemed content so I didn't move a muscle.
"If you think we won't beat the shit out of you losers you've got another thing coming" I could smell the alcohol coming from the car.
"Yeah cause of you lay in hand on one of them I'll go straight to my dad." I piped up standing up to them.
I felt Ed squeeze my hand. I caught Ben looking at me through the corner of his eye.
"And if you touch her Henry'll kill you like he did Hockstetter." Bev said standing up for us.
"So the freak didn't tell you how Hockstetter pushed her off the porch and chased her around the yard." Belch yelled obviously mad about Henry beinga dick to him.
"And there was a clown oh Henry it was awful." Vic laughed putting on a fake girl voice.
I dropped Ed's hand and started to walk home. My tears burnt my eyes and my vision was blurry.
"You saw it too?" Ed asked trying to keep up with my long strides.
"Your mom would have a heart attack if she saw you walking with me." I muttered.
"You saw that clown too!" He said grabbing my hand. "Did it hurt you?"
"No I'm fine." I said shrugging and walking off again.
"Babs" I could still here Patrick saying my name. 
"A couple more minutes and you'll be home." I muttered not liking walking by myself. I hummed to myself,
"Come sail away me." Richie sang from behind me.
"I thought you were going to Ben's house." I said.
"Babs." He whispered sounding like Hockstetter
I turned around and before he could turned around I caught a look at his face. His face was distorted and looked as if he been burned.
"Oh fuck you man." I exclaimed.
I took off running in the direction of the house. I made it halfway there when a sharp pain shot through my leg that was hurt earlier. I tumbled to the ground and started crawling.
"What happened to you?" The same voice form last night ask me picking me up. I groaned in response. He seemed to understand as he put me in the basket on his bike. We rode to his house in silence. When we arrived at his house he hoisted me out of the basket and into the house.
"What the hell is this?" An older man ask.
"She's hurt." Mike mumbled.
"She might have to stay you should call her parents." The old man grumbled.
"We can't do that." Mike explained.
"Why the hell not?" The old man ask.
"He's at work." Mike said innocently.
"Where's he work?"
"The police station."
"What's her last?"
"Bowers."
"You brought a Bowers into this house!"
"She was hurt."
"You're gonna call her dad you hear."
"I'm sorry I can go if you want." I muttered trying to stand but falling over and everything went black.