Goodbye Losers

This had been one of the best weeks of my life. We had gone to the quarry almost everyday. We sat at the barrens. My favorite part was us in the arcade playing different video games. We had all had the best time. Now we had to say goodbye. We all stood outside my house starring at one another. I told myself I wasn't gonna cry.
"I promise you I'll come back one day." I said placing my hand on Richie's shoulder. Richie's eyes teared up.
"Swear?" He said looking up at me.
"Swear." I said softly.
I bent down grabbing the box of stuff. I had gotten them all something. Each gift had a letter written in it. They all added up to the same thing. I'm sorry I'm leaving but, just know you'll always be in my heart. Richie got a new button up. Eddie got a new fanny pack. Bev had a necklace, Mike got a book, Stan got a new bird book, and Bill he got a notepad. Ben I wasn't sure what to get him. I had thought long and hard about it. I had finally decided to get him a sketchbook. I remembered him saying he wanted to be an architect.
"You didn't have to get us anything." Bill said.
"Oh I did." I said looking over the boys and gal. My boys and gal. I looked at them but, now they weren't the people they used to be. A small boy with unruly dark hair smiled up at me. The boys glasses sat crocked on his face. The boy next to him was slightly bigger with slightly more tamed curly hair and an uncomfortable look on his face. The two boys beside them were slightly older with brown hair. The smaller one had an asthma pumped hanging out of his mouth. The bigger one had a stick in his hand. He looked confused but smiled at me anyway. The girl next to him had long red hair and a small smile. The two boys next to her were the same as they were now. I thought about when I met these children and tears come to my eyes.
A small boy with dark unruly hair with coke bottle glasses, which were crocked, walked the across playground until him and his awkward friend that followed behind him reached me. The boys friend had blondish brown hair in slightly more tamed curls. I stared at them until the smaller one spoke.
"Hey you wanna come play with us in the sandbox?" The boy with darker hair asked.
"Richie tell her your name first." The bigger boy mumbled.
"Oh I guess you're right. I'm Richie Toizer and this is Stan 'the man' Uris." Richie said pointing at the boy behind him.
"Richie I told you not to call me that." Stan said rubbing his neck.
"I'm Beatrice Bowers." I said looking up from my doodles in my notebook. I saw the boys flinch away from. I knew that they had encountered my brother at sometime or another.
"Cool." He said sitting down beside me.
"I'm sorry. Sometimes Richie can be hyper." Stan said sitting down on the ground next to Richie.
"You said you wanted to play in the sandbox." I said standing up and holding my hand out.
I'm smiled fondly of the memory that's how I met my best friends.

The three of us walked around until we reached a small creek two other boys sat there .
"What are guys doing?" Richie asked wrapping his arms the smaller boy. The boy had dark brown and big bright eyes. His eyes reminded me of a puppy and I smiled.
"I'm B-Bill." The taller one said straightening himself out and finally dropping the stick he was holding. Bill had shiny blue eyes and slick brown hair. He was skinny and tall with broad shoulder and long legs.
"Whatcha doing?" I asked looking at the boys.
"Walking." The smaller boy said pushing Richie off of him.
"Cool." I said looking at the rocks in the river.
"This is Richie, that's Stan, and I'm Beatrice." I said putting my hand out for Bill to shake.
"N-nice to m-meet you." Bill said shaking my hand.
"I'm Eddie." The smaller boy said pushing past Bill and smiling at me.
"Where are you going?" Stan asked looking over my shoulder.
"No where." Eddie said looking over at me.
"Hey I know you you're that Kaspbrack kid. You're always at the pharmacy." I looked looking over at the boys.
"Wait and you're Henry Bowers little sister." Bill said putting his hand in my shoulder. I knew that my brother made fun of them. They befriended us and we had stayed friends.