15

The next day after school, Zayn picked Louis up from the Styles' residence around 5pm. Louis was a bit nervous, not being able to come up with any guesses as to what this surprise could be.

He stood in front of his mirror, a finger poking his own cheek as he tried to decide what to wear. Louis sighed, not feeling as if he wanted to dress fancy.

So he threw on a casual outfit made up of simple pastel colors. A pastel pink and blue NASA sweater with a white jean skirt.

By the time he was done combing his hair forward a bit, he heard the doorbell, and that was his signal that Zayn had arrived. He dashed down the stairs, and his white socks almost caused him to slip but thankfully he made it downstairs without that happening.

He was a little surprised to see that Harry had beat him to it though, he was standing in front of the door speaking to Zayn. He didn't look very happy, he mostly seemed tired and annoyed.

"Oh he's right here." Harry spoke as he noticed Louis. "I'll let my mom know you're going." His tone lightened as he spoke to him.

"Thank you." Louis gave Harry a sweet smile and then walked outside with Zayn, who walked him to the truck.

He had trouble climbing into it, as it was high up for him. Zayn didn't notice him struggling though as he started the car.

When Louis finally got in he was slightly out of breath. Zayn glanced at him with an humorous look, it was a bit odd to Louis but he ignored it.

"So where are we goin'?" Louis asked excitedly, bouncing a little in his seat as his eyes lingered on the radio (he craved to put his favorite station on but was too shy to ask).

"My house." Zayn revealed, "But the location isn't the surprise, it's something at the location."

Louis raised his eyebrows, his mind full of curiosity. "What's in your house?"

"It's a surprise." Zayn nearly facepalmed. "Be patient."

Louis nodded, feeling embarrassed for acting too eager. "Okay, sorry."

It was sort of awkward after that, so Zayn popped one of his favorite CDs in. Louis frowned a tiny bit when heavy metal began playing. It was his least favorite type of music, right beside country.

But he stayed polite, he didn't want Zayn to dislike him.

After a few minutes they arrived at Zayn's house, which looked as he remembered it. Pretty similar to Harry's house.

They approached the front door and Zayn unlocked it with his key. Louis' eyes beamed when he noticed it was a Batman key, with the yellow and black symbol.

"Cute key." He complimented.

Zayn looked up and smiled before opening the door. "Thanks."

When they went inside he first room they stepped into was the kitchen. Louis looked around and noticed that it was pretty clean, except for the high pile of pizza boxes on the counter.

"Come upstairs, the surprise is in my room."

Louis followed the raven haired boy upstairs, it seemed as if no one was home currently.

Louis was kinda glad that Zayn's family weren't here, because he didn't want to meet them quite yet. He was also afraid they'd judge him, he has some anxiety when it comes to meeting new people. Especially adults.

When they reached Zayn's room Louis watched as the boy began going through a plastic bag from some store. He got bored of doing just that after a moment, so he let his eyes wander the space instead. It was pretty dirty.