22

Louis sipped from the straw of his juice box as he proceeded down the block toward the Café he sometimes visited. Eleanor had mentioned that they were hiring, and he was definitely interested.

Last week after him and Harry got home from the surprise picnic, Louis immediately began looking online for job openings. Not only did he want to pay Harry back but he also didn't want to have to go back home after the school year. He had close friends in this town, he liked it here and he would like to save up to go to a college close by. Of course he wouldn't want to let anyone else know yet, because it isn't a sure thing.

His blue glistening eyes looked up from the green apple juice box, landing on the caramel colored café in front of him. The smoke puffing out from the chimney stood out against the light of the yellow/orange sunset background.

Louis smiled nervously before sliding his hand to the side to dump his empty juice box in the trash.

The sunset light on his skin casted an illuminating shadow onto the reflective door of the café. He smiled, noticing it. He could see his outfit, a long navy blue jacket and white pants, with his worn out white vans.

He knew others wouldn't waste time looking at small details like the ones he invests himself in, but he didn't mind. He wanted to take a photo of the café with the way it looked so aesthetic currently.

Louis shook his thoughts away. He then pushed his hands forward and opened the door to the establishment, the chiming bells rang.

At the front desk stood someone he very much recognized. It was Niall's girlfriend who he'd met at the park at Harry's football game.

"Hello," Louis spoke with friendliness. "I heard you are hiring?"

She smiled at him, surprised as she hadn't noticed him walking up to the counter. "Oh, hi. Yes we are. Do you need an application?"

Her voice was so soft and shy that Louis could barely hear her, but he did. "Yes please!" He smiled wider.

She looked at him curiously because of his excitement, and then reached under the desk.

"Sorry, just um never had a job." Louis mumbled cutely, as she handed him the application. "Thank you, um- Claire was it?"

She nodded, smiling small.

Louis gave her a small wave and then went to walk home. When he got there he slipped off his vans and went to walk upstairs. That was, until someone grabbed him and lifted him into their arms.

He let out a loud banshee scream. "What the-!"

"Louis! It's me." Harry laughed out. "Oh my god I really got you!"

"I didn't think anyone was homeeee!" Louis whined as Harry set him down. He turned so that he was face to face with Harry, well technically face to Harry's neck but...

He wasn't expecting to get his breath caught again. Harry's hair was slicked back from a shower and his eyes were a bright green. They were often duller, but not today. "You look happy. Is it because you scared the actual hell out of me?" Louis rolled his eyes playfully.

"Yes, but also..." Harry stopped and kept an amused expression.

"What?" Louis asked impatiently but also excited.

Harry looked down and into his pretty diamond eyes. Glimmering hope stood out to him within them and Harry's mind quickly compared the look to the same look Louis gave him the moment before they kissed.

He was wordless, but then his mind flashed to the night he had comforted Louis while he cried. He contrasted the frightened look in his eyes with the excited look he had right now. Harry didn't understand why he was so glad that Louis seemed happy here.