23

After school, Niall walked Louis over to his locker to wish him good luck. Louis has ranted about Zayn and the confusion he had towards the boy during lunch and Niall completely understood. He had asked Louis if he wanted him to talk to Louis' teacher so that he wouldn't have to partner with Zayn but Louis refused. Told him it would only make matters worse and probably way more awkward.

"Hey," Niall spoke as Louis shoved a Physics text book into his bag. Louis then looked up at him. "You got this." Niall gave him a thumbs up and made a silly face with his tongue out.

Louis swatted at him with a piece of paper and giggled. "Thank you. Now hurry to your locker!"

"Oh yeah that's right. Claire should be waiting for me outside. Hope she didn't bail on me again." Niall pouted but then hugged Louis. "See you later. Text me." He then walked away.

Louis gulped as he closed his locker. Calm down. He told himself. It's only for a project.

———————————————————-

Louis reached forward to knock on Zayn's door. It still weirded him out how similar Zayn's house was to Harry's.

The door opened swiftly and Louis was greeted with a bit of a scowl. "Hey." He didn't seem like he was in a heart mood. And Zayn didn't look his best either, messy black hair with a slightly stained grey top on. He was still attractive though, just wasn't giving off good vibes.

"Uh- hi. It's study day..." He brought up, waiting for Zayn to let him in.

"Right." Zayn looked overwhelmed. "Let's go in the back by the garden then."

Louis nodded, trying not to question why they couldn't do it inside.

They walked to the back and Louis marveled at the beautiful flowers again. Maybe gardening would be a nice hobby for him.

Zayn cleared his throat, already sitting on the loveseat near the back door.

Louis was snapped from his thoughts, he moved to sit next to the boy as he pulled out the correct text book for the subject.

Zayn didn't say anything, just grabbed the book and flipped to chapter 18, the one their project was on.

After a bit of taking turns reading the chapter and directions out loud, Zayn suddenly paused and looked up at Louis.

"Want some lemonade? Mom made it before she took off earlier and it's great. Plus you look like you need a break."

Louis nodded and smiled a bit. That was nice of him to ask. He went into the house and came back out with two glasses of lemonade.

"Ooh a bendy straw!" Louis exclaimed excitedly before looking down and blowing bubbles into the lemonade.

Zayn smiled at him and began to drink his own. "Hey hey," he paused, realizing Louis was still blowing bubbles like a child. "Don't forget to drink it." He sounded a bit snippy.

Louis nodded and quickly began to sip through the straw. Louis looked down at his phone. It had only been an hour since they had began studying and the teacher had asked for them to have sessions at least an hour and a half. Louis sighed, it had felt like he'd been there for so much longer than an hour.

"So.." Zayn spoke, startling Louis slightly as Zayn hadn't started any of the conversations between them today that didn't involve homework.

Still, Louis fixed his crystal blues on the hot boy beside him.

"Have you been invited to Nick's party next weekend?" Zayn asked.

Louis fumbled with his phone, trying to put it in his pocket. "Uh, yeah actually. Harry asked me to go with him. It was lots of fun last time so i'm definitely going."