16

The day before the party would be, Louis sat in his first period class looking bored.

Eleanor noticed his blank stare because of how focused Louis usually was. He seemed different today.

"Louis?" Eleanor whispered while the teacher's back was to them as she wrote something on the board.

Louis turned slightly, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

He shook his head, as to tell her that nothing was wrong.

So she waited until after class, while she was walking him to his next one. "You're off today." She brought up.

He sighed in irritation. "I'm just tired and ready for the weekend." He told her.

She rolled her eyes at the lame excuse, but still hugged him goodbye nonetheless.

He hated his next class, so he let himself blank out the entire time like he did in English. He had never liked science.

Louis planned doing this for the rest of his classes, because sometimes it made time go by faster. But when Perrie walked into their social studies class and noticed his blank stare, she wasn't about to let that happen.

"What's going on?" The blue haired girl asked, popping a bubble of gum in her mouth as she turned the chair beside Louis around to sit on it backwards. She always did this.

He turned to her and shrugged. "How's your day?" He tried making small talk.

She shook her head. "Tell me what's on your mind."

He sighed. "I dunno. I'm just not feeling it today." He admitted. "I asked Zayn to go to that party with me tomorrow and he said he's busy, so turns out I'll probably just stay home." Louis felt bad for lying to Eleanor earlier but it would be weird to admit this while in a class with Zayn. He also knew she'd worry too much about him for no reason.

But Perrie was different, more chill and easygoing. So it was overall easier to tell her things like this.

Perrie frowned and thought about this for a moment. "Didn't you say Harry was gonna go? Why not go with him?"

Louis rolled his eyes. "Because that'd be weird of me to ask. And he wouldn't want to go to a party with me anyway."

"How do you know that? Maybe he does want to."

He shook his head. "He doesn't." And for some reason he felt sad because he didn't know if Harry would want to go with him or not, but he was just too shy to ask. This was embarrassing though, so he kept quiet about it.

Perrie sighed. "Well if you want, I'll go with you. I don't have a car or anything but I can ask Harry to give us a ride. I won't make you ask."

"Well..." he tried to find another option for their transportation but couldn't. "Okay. But I can ask him." He would feel like a coward if he made his friend do the asking.

Perrie nodded then, and they began writing their notes. She saw Louis doodle small flowers onto his paper instead of the information about economics that they were supposed to remember.

—————————————————————-

After school Louis went home and waited for Harry to get home from football practice. He felt oddly nervous to ask him for a ride to the party. It confused him because they were pretty close now and it shouldn't have felt like such a big deal.

He was sitting on his bed, flipping through a library book he had rented the previous week when there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Hey Lou. Can I come in?" Anne asked.