21

Hey guys, here's another chappy. I hope you like it, and if you find any grammar mistakes let me know? Because I tried editing but don't know if I fixed all of it. Enjoy!💗

Louis sat down in his first period class, looking around to see that only him and Ed were here so far.

He set his special journal down on the desk in front of him, deciding to write until Eleanor came in.

"Oooh, and what is this?" The girl suddenly asked, making Louis nearly jump out of his skin as she slid it out from beneath his hands.

"No stop!" He quickly grabbed it back. "Haven't you heard of privacy?" Louis said, not fully serious.

Eleanor giggled and shrugged, setting her things down. When she was comfortably in her seat, she leaned over to talk to Louis quietly. "Um, so Zayn came up to me the other day. He asked about you."

Louis' eyebrows rose. Last he knew, Zayn was upset with him for refusing to take the iPhone 8 he'd bought him. "What'd he ask?"

She grimaced a bit. "He wanted to know if you and Harry were...a thing." Eleanor knew Louis had always said he didn't like Harry, and she figured that they saw each other as brothers by now.

Louis couldn't hold back a blush, he looked down at his journal and shook his head slowly. "Why would he ask that?"

Eleanor shrugged, and then the bell rang followed by the teacher walking in.

Throughout the duration of that class Louis couldn't stop himself from peering over at Zayn every once in a while.

Something was off about him, Louis could tell as he was avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room, and his eyes were stuck downward, looking into his own lap.

—————————————————

When Louis got to science class he noticed that Perrie wasn't at school today, which was odd. She seemed fine at the party, and excited to meet her baby sibling.

Louis sighed and took a seat alone. That was, until Zayn walked over and sat beside him. Louis looked up, surprised. "I didn't know you were in the class."

Zayn finally looked up, his expression unreadable. "Yeah...well I wasn't. I just got switched out of mine."

"Why?" Louis asked hesitantly.

He shrugged. "Hard to pay attention in the other class, the teacher's voice kept putting me to sleep." Zayn chuckled, sort of forcefully.

Louis giggled along.

In the middle of the class the science teacher announced that they would all be partnering up with the people sitting next to them. It was for a research project having to do with the insides of frogs. Louis was just glad they didn't have to physically cut them open.

"Looks like we're partners." Zayn winked at him, and Louis found himself confused again. He didn't think Zayn was still going to see him in any other way than as a friend ever since he blew off the party. But maybe this meant he was still interested.

Louis didn't know how he felt about that...

"Meet on Tuesdays? My place?" Zayn asked him as the bell for the end of class rang.

Louis smiled nicely, "Sure, why not?"

———————————————————

After the last bell rang Louis made his way to his locker, anxiously swerving around the other students while Niall followed suit. "How was your dayyyy?" He asked, and then patted the top of Louis' feathery hair.