two - a murderer

I opened my eyes, I was in the med-bay where we finally got a regeneration table.

Dad was wearing his normal clothes and was sleeping in the chair beside me.

I glanced around, how long did I sleep?

I moved my hand that was covered in tubes to tap Dad on his arm.

He opened his eyes and instantly put his attention on me when he realized I was awake.

I really wanted his attention but not like this.

"How long was I out?" I sat up.

"The rest of the day and all night."

I pointed at the water beside the bed table thing I was on. He picked it up and handed it to me. "Thanks."

"Stop trying to die on me." He pulled some of my hair away from my face.

"You stop it first, you get hurt more then me." I handed him my empty cup of water.

"I feel better." I moved the thin sheet that was over me.

"Hazel stop." He tried to get me to lay back down.

"No! "I would rather be frozen again then sit here and do nothing!" I sat back up and successfully got unattached from the table and walked out, I had my pajamas on again anyway.

One of the nurses noticed I was up. "Captain she should be resting and attached to the proper iv."

"Believe me I'm trying." I heard him under his breath.

"Leave me alone now! It's what you're good at!" I started running, he was following me up the stairs where I was heading to the living area.

Nat and Vision were sitting down, along with Sam.

"Hazel you're up." Nat glanced over to me.

"No she's supposed to be down." Dad walked on behind me. "Hazel pull your head out of being such a stubborn teenager and go back to the med-bay."

"Sure, right after you get yours out of your ass." I turned to get in his face.

"Here we go." Sam rolled his eyes.

"Excuse me?" He gave me the eyebrow.

"Okay, that's enough." Nat stood up and pulled me away. "Hazel go back."

"No, my shoulder is fine now and I'm going to school." I smacked her hand off and walked to my room to get ready.

• • •

I walked into my school building. Peter immediately ran up and hugged me. "Oh my god you're alive."

"What?" I accept the hug and then pulled away.

"Didn't you get shot?"

"Wait everyone knows?" I uncomfortably put my bag back on my other shoulder.

"How did you heal so quickly?"

"We got good technology." I walked down the hall with peter.

All the kids looked at me with hatred. Did something happen?

"I can't believe she's just walking around."

"She's a friend of a murderer."

"I bet she killed people too."

I heard all the gossip around me, I turned to Peter. "What happened?"

"You didn't see? But you were there."