2 : He Wants Revenge

The wind whooshed making the branches of the tree dance as their rustling sound sang in the silent night.

No one knew what was lurking in between the trees. Not a single soul. Maybe.

Only the squirrels that huddled together, the bird that nestled with her eggs and insects knew the secrets of the forest.

It was one of those nights when animals wouldn't dare leave their habitats and humans would be fast asleep in their beds. Warm and cozy.

But . . . There was someone, wide awake. Lurking in the thick trees and waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

He crouched down as his eyes turned black in hunger. His wings expanded behind him as his tongue swiped across his lips.

He was starving.

His eyes glazing with hunger now were locked on his target.

The little child played in the garden as her parents laid back and relaxed. Their legs dangling off the chair and too oblivious to what was about to happen.

They were oblivious to their upcoming fate, or at least their child's fate.

The second the child neared, the mysterious inhumane creature pumped his wings with power and raised himself in the air.

Pumping his wings and going at full speed, Extending his sharp pointy claws, he grabbed the small child by her soft flesh and lifted her in the air.

The screams of her parents didn't affect the creature. He didn't have a heart. He was stone cold. He didn't care. How could he care when no one cared when he was in trouble?

When the same humans destroyed the people he loved the most.

Right now, he was just hungry. He wanted to eat and no one was going to disrupt his peace.

The child cried with her large blue eyes while flapping her hands in the air. Ignoring her cries, the winged creature landed in the middle of the jungle and mercilessly ripped off her head. Blood poured out of her headless neck as the winged creature devoured it.

Palatable.

His red eyes turned to his normally green eyes as he filled his tummy.

After eating a healthy human child, he laid back and wiped his mouth free from any blood. He didn't care if someone saw him like that.

He wasn't normal and he didn't care because everything was normal for him.

He had heightened senses and speed. He was powerful and could shred anyone into tiny pieces. He had nobody to be scared of. It was he whom people feared.

Just as he closed his eyes, his ears caught the sound of leaves crunching underneath someone's feet. His nose identified that the sweet cinnamon smell belonged to a girl.

Ah! The smell was delicious and his full stomach growled again. He wanted to eat her too.

His hunger wasn't stopping after all.