13 : A Slight Push

13 : A Slight Push

A new day for Xena was always a new start to a wonderful life but for Cassius, his day was always brooding as he watched his chipmunk - Xena - chirp around happily.

How is she always laughing? So energetic!? Does she not have a switch off button? Cassius wondered.

He had already freshened up and stretched his limbs.

"Ah!" A moan escaped from his lips as he cracked his bones one after another.

His days on the couch were becoming oddly uncomfortable and his body had started to ache even more. It was not even this bad in the forest when Cassius used to sleep on a tree. Heck, it could even be classified has comfortable.

Cassius' brother, Stephen, was yet to make an appearance but Cassius didn't care anymore. His heart pained from the inside thinking that his brother had lost his royal wings and was now defending a human.

A low life human!

Cassius was too defending a human but his situation was different, he was a slave and a bodyguard but Stephen had a free choice to walk away without any strings pulling him back.

Cassius did not had the freedom. He was bound to this woman as long as she wished and he could do nothing about it.

Cassius lowered himself on the floor and did a quick hundred pushups, trying to decrease the stiffness in his aching muscles, While Xena was in her bathing chambers, humming her favorite melody.

She moved under the waterfall-like shower, allowing the water to glide over her smooth skin and platter on the tiled floor. Raising her arms and swinging her hips, she danced.

Xena was happy and she could not contain it.

Cassius had agreed and promised to do this little trust test. She could finally get him to trust her. Finally.

Suddenly the door to the bathroom chambers was pushed off its hinges and Xena immediately ppl pushed herself against the wall.

Her eyes were wide and heart bounced back and forth in her ribcage. Who in their right mind -

Even though she had doors around her giving her privacy but it definitely was not a good feeling when you are standing naked and someone comes in the chambers announced.

Xena turned off the shower quickly and slowly opened the sliding door a little, peeking through through the gap. Their Cassius stood over the marble sink, puking his guts out.

What happened?

Was he okay?

Why is he puking his guts out?

Could he be sick? It was probably unheard of a Swifter - whose immunity is so strong - to get sick.

Xena's stomach churned and she too felt the urge to vomit after staring at the yellow liquid with some solid things here and there going down the toilet.

Xena immediately pulled her bathrobe that was hanging a few inches away from her on. The soft woolen material sliding on her body with ease.