4 : If It Is For Sex . . .

The cutlery cluttered as the people in the dining room started eating.

The tension was thick in the air because of the swifter- not to forget, the last of his kind- in the room, one who could easily tarnish the place!

Xena's father sat at the head of the table while she sat on his left. The swifter sat beside Xena.

The other people in the house like uncles and cousins all sat at random seats, gawking at the swifter every second.

They were . . . Scared - obviously - thinking he would do something any second now.

Why?

Because his kind was known to be vicious, furious, and flesh-eater.

How could you sit with a being that eats you in breakfast, lunch and dinner!?

Not sitting bare-chested on a dining table with lips sealed tight. Even females gawked at his ripped tight chest.

Even though he was the predator, the preys still sang songs of his glory.

Cassius had a big chunk of meat on his plate. Untouched. It wasn't normal for a swifter to deny eating meat unless he was a vegetarian which was really unlikely.

Xena stopped eating her food the second she glanced at Cassius' plate.

Why is he not eating? She thought.

Cassius' wings were nicely tugged back into his skin and his back rested against the chair. His arms folded which made his muscle bulge.

He didn't touch the food, thinking it would be poisoned. Cassius didn't expect any good from humans. He would probably eat some maid from this house tonight but nothing from their hands.

"Why are you not eating?" Xena questioned and the air was almost deafening.

Cassius snapped his head at Xena at which all the family members gasped.

Maybe it was the moment where Cassius will probably blow up!

Xena just watched him dumbfounded.

Xena was the most oblivious person -

Cassius narrowed his eyes and snarled, baring his fangs at Xena and stood up from his designated seat.

He wasn't comfortable sitting beside Xena at all.

Xena was pretty and Cassius almost felt it impossible to not feel attracted to her. She was gorgeous.

Fueling all his desires at once.

The second Cassius left, Xena stood up as well and followed him.

The family members just gawked at them. They could finally let go the breath they were holding as the powerful and threatening presence left.

"Are you sure she will be alright, sire?" One member asked but the king looked lost in thought.

Xena ended up in the backyard following the swifter. Cassius had quickly climbed a tree and sat on the top, Whereas poor Xena couldn't climb so she stood under the tree and looked at him.

His feet hanging in the air.

"Get down!" Xena ordered. She hated the fact that he was avoiding her.

She was not that bad, was she?

Cassius didn't listen to her. It was like he had taken an oath of silence.

"Cassius, come down this instant." The way his name rolled off her tongue made Cassius shiver in delight. It sounded so soft to his ears, almost foreign. He forgot for a moment that what even his name was.