25 : Fucking Witches

"Well, Fuck!" Cassius kicks the wheel of the carriage that had broken down.

Stupid wooden wheel! Cassius thinks before running a hand through his hair.

Xena watched him with worry in her eyes, Cassius was losing his marbles over a broken wheel.

That could be fixed if he had a little patience. A patience he obviously did not have.

Cassius wanted to reach their destination as soon as possible and due to his roughness and increasing speed of the horses caused one of the wheels of the carriage to pop out.

Secondly, Cassius did not know how to fix it since, in his kingdom, no one used these human traps because they had wings to travel.

"Fuck!" Xena tried to ignore Cassius cussing again and again in his newly invented language but she had enough by his repeated words.

It was getting annoying.

"Can you stop cussing?" Xena stated angrily and that caused Cassius' attention to divert towards the woman standing behind him.

"I can fucking curse as many fucking times as I blasted please." If possible, Xena got more frustrated and raised a finger at Cassius,

"Well, when you are around me, I don't want you to cuss. I don't like it!"

"How about, you learn to cuss so we can say fuck together. Sounds fucking good?" Cassius said with narrowed eyes and folded his arms over his chest.

"What is that word even supposed to mean!" Xena huffed in annoyance and Cassius did not reply.

Even though he was a prestigious Prince once, there was a time when he didn't speak such foul language but after what happened, he doesn't care and talk to humans like this anyway.

That what they deserve, to be fucked up.

"I have had enough of you!" Xena exclaimed and trudged out of the clearing and towards a waterfall that sounded a few feet away.

Cassius just looked at her back angrily. He tried to calm his anger around her but she has been testing his patience and he will explode soon enough if she didn't stop.

What angered Cassius was that he was getting attached to this woman that he wanted to punish. It was totally against all his plans!

"Um, I can help." Stephen spoke from behind Cassius after clearing his throat, "- If you want."

"Sure," Cassius muttered and both brothers got to fixing one measly wooden wheel.

While the men were at work, Xena decided to take a swim in the water and since her bloody week was over today, she was ready to be cleaned.

She placed her handy carry on a rock and looked around to see if there was anyone. She smiled when she found no one.

Without giving another thought, she peeled off her clothes and jumped into the cold water and a satisfying sigh escaped her lips.

She needed this.

She slowly went under the water and looked around the clear water. After a good 20 seconds under the water, she finally resurfaced and decided it was time to come out.

She quickly got dressed in another pair of clothes that were in her bag and pulled them on.

Lastly, she pulled on her shoes and looked around. The forest was so silent.

That's when she saw her, an old woman dressed in weird clothes. She had pearls in her dark long hair and weird necklaces around her neck. Black threads covered her arms and symbols were drawn into her face.

A witch. It had to be.

Xena's eyes widened as the woman motioned her to come closer. Xena shook her head no. That seemed to make the old woman angry and something was just about to happen when Cassius and Stephen decided to interrupt.

"Oh, you have cleaned up," Stephen said with a smile and Xena quickly looked over to him and then glanced back at the place where the witch was only to find nothing. Nobody.

"The wheel has been fixed, come on. We don't have time for your mindless activities." Cassius stated rudely and walked away.

Stephen gave Xena a small sad smile but Xena didn't care. She was too submerged about the old lady and her . . . Weird face to care about Cassius' actions. She was scared, to say the least.

Night had fallen and they all were still on their way. The wheel was rolling perfectly, Stephan was sleeping in the back while Xena slept soundly on Cassius' shoulder.

That woman was finding ways to make Cassius her very own pillow.

Cassius groaned as Xena's head bounced off his shoulder because of a bump in the path and move to an odd angle. Cassius grabbed her head and placed it back on his shoulder.

He quietly drives when he caught a weird smell, a smell he had hated his whole life with the same passion as much as humans. Humans just a bit more.

Witches.

They were close by and just that indication made Cassius's canines to pop out. He lightly growls only to make Xena jerk in her sleep and then she mumbled.

"Why is my horse growling?" Even though her words were so quiet and incoherent, Cassius caught them perfectly and he growled again.

"Shut up you tall animal or I won't feed you!" Xena stated after lightly punching Cassius' shoulder in her sleep.

Cassius sighed and kept his mouth shut.

This woman was an idiot but a good person. She was annoying but kind and caring. She was really stupid but loyal and trustworthy.

He could not stay angry at her.

Moon was still high in the sky and Cassius was still awake, driving the carriage when a swish of purple ran in front of the way and the horses stopped with a shriek.

"Move you animals!" Cassius growled and did a giddy-up after which the horses started moving again.

Witches were around and they didn't like Cassius' presence. Probably because they knew that Cassius would eat them for what they did to his kind - and they were right. He would eat them.

The morning came along and thankfully, no more interruptions happened in the night.

Stephen and Cassius had changed seats and now Cassius was sleeping in the back while Stephen and Xena sat at the front.

Cassius was in very peaceful sleep, dreaming about eating a witch after ripping her limbs apart but a hard jerk brought him back to reality and he sat up only to realize he had fallen down from his seat.

"What the fuck happened?" Cassius called out when he noticed that the carriage had stopped.

Suddenly Stephen appeared to his side and opened the door,

"Um, the horses have run away."

...
Just putting it out there, never be the bearer of bad news - it will ruin you. Especially if the person you are giving the news is like Cassius.

P R O Q U E E N