39 : What He Actually Desired

"What did you do Cassius?" Xena whisper to Cassius who had his eyes closed. Then in a blink of an eye, Xena had jumped a foot away from Cassius.

He immediately missed the feeling and made a move to grab her but Xena only stepped away.

"What did you want me to do? I was angry. I thought you were dead. My brother had talked me out of revenge from the whole humanity but after I got to know that you died, it was the last straw."

Xena took a moment to think.

What moment was he talking about? The moment she survived Lord Christopher? The moment she escaped the red Indians or the moment she tripped to her own death but was saved?

Thinking of Lord Christopher, Xena caught the sight of a headless body of Lord Christopher and immediately felt the need to vomit, and then she later focused on the fact that several other men were lying on the ground. Passed out.

Cassius too was filled with blood.

Her eyes widened.

She was simply too happy to see Cassius after such a long time to ignore the fact that Cassius was filled with blood.

"You have to stop them right now." Cassius was not delighted by the idea and was about to say that, 'it was too late' but what Xena said next forced him to oblige.

"If you don't do that, I would never talk to you and go back to my father."

In short, he cared for her and he was still not ready to admit it.

"Only if you give me a k-" Cassius stopped himself. What was he going to say? Was he out of his right mind?

"Nevermind." He suddenly said after looking at Xena's expectant face.

To Cassius's utter dismay, he had to stop his men from annihilating the whole of humankind.

All because of this one girl. The one with fiery hair, and steel-like eyes but the personality of a baby.

After the incarnation of the world had been stopped and the revenge had been taken - including everyone returning home. Except for Stephen.

He was still lurking in the woods like a deranged soul. Groaning in pain.

"Brother. Why are you moaning like a female coming down from high?" Cassius said casually as he looked down at his brother from above the tree.

"Cassius, it would be great if you could help your moaning brother here - that is in no shape and form female." Stephen groaned again and Cassius jumped off the tree.

"Hold on tight my little sister." Cassius teased and grabbed his brother like a feather and lifted both of them in the air.

Night came, and Cassius was once again hosting a feast with Stephen having bandages wrapped around him. Karen is treated like a god for keeping everyone safe with a barrier.

While Xena felt entirely out of place. In the end, she was only human. An ordinary human.

She wondered what would happen if anyone here came to know that Cassius was Xena's slave. It would be a sight to watch but Xena's kind heart would not allow her to do anything as such.