29 : Nightmares

29 : Nightmares

Cassius tightened his arms around Xena's petite waist as he tilts them in the air, going face-first down towards the castle that he was looking at after such a long time.

It has been a long time since he had come back.

The castle still stood tall and proud, the royal blue, gold and white painted it.

"Gorgeous," Xena muttered and tightened her grip on Cassius's arms.

Cassius didn't reply but had a smile on his lips. He increased his space and Xena squealed as the cold air came into her face.

After a minute, they were safely on the ground and Karen with others followed as well. Everyone was in awe and Stephen had tears in his eyes.

"Welcome to Ravaryn." He whispered to himself.

He had forgotten what the place had looked like and looking at it again had revived his feelings and memories.

"King!" A child spotted and people emerged from their houses that were built near the castle and rushed towards the King.

"Young Prince Stephen!" An old swifter called and suddenly everyone had circled them. Xena pushed her back into Cassius, she was scared and overwhelmed by these many winged people who probably wanted to eat her.

But she was pulled out of her thoughts when everyone in front of them bent on one knee and placed a hand on their chest.

They were claiming Cassius as their King. They were all taking an oath.

Cassius had a smile on his face. He felt proud. He finally got what he wanted his whole life! His people that he had thought that they had died.

Xena spotted the smile and also smiled. She was happy because he was happy.

"Please, Rise." What!? Cassius said 'Please'? Impossible.

"A King never says please," Xena whispered to Cassius who shrugged it off.

Cassius didn't want his people to think he is rude on the first day. He would do anything for his kind.

Anything.

Everyone stood up, completely ignoring the two humans and the witch.

"I hope you all have settled already, tonight we shall feast!" Cassius called and everyone cheered.

The castle was cleaned after such a long time. It was very easy for the people of the kingdom to clean since one swish from their wings and dust will be nowhere in sight.

The people of the kingdom had done it as a thank-you for having their freedom back.

Soon, everyone was shown to their rooms. Cassius knew that some of the swifters wanted to eat the witch and the two humans so he was smart enough to think it through.

Karen was staying with Stephen, Killian was staying with Edmund and Xena was staying with him.

He also knew that if he left them alone, they would be dead meat so it was best he gave each a swifter to accompany them.