38 : You Are Alive

38 : You Are Alive

Karen watched baffled.

The woman who was sweet, kind, and could not hurt a fly was now cutting the witches in half! Without blinking an eye!

But then again, there were a lot of witches and they were not particularly sitting with their hands tied. One had managed to strangle Xena but Xena was also fast and had sliced the other woman's feet from under.

Brutal.

When Karen saw another dozen, she decided it was best if she helped her too. With that thought in mind, Karen jumped out from the tree, and with one powerful blast, she had pushed the witches off of Xena and created a shield between the both of them.

What Karen didn't realize was the fact that Xena was killing any and everyone close to her - she didn't remember anyone, recognize was a fare fetched idea- and so just like that, Xena had charged towards Karen in means to slice her throat open.

Karen's eyes bulged and the wheels in her brain started turning. Karen was smart.

She levitated herself into the air, just out of reach, and focused on the shield that separated them and the witches.

Below her, Xena was shouting and flailing the sword around like a maniac until Karen's sister walked closer to the shield from the other side and Xena's focus shifted to her.

Xena tried to hit her with the sword but was unsuccessful because of the shield but she kept trying.

"Sister," Karen said unfazed by Xena's attempt, and glared at her sister.

"What are you doing here?"

"To kill you of course." Karen shrugged at her sister and looked down at Xena who glared at Karen's sister like a zombie.

"I will leave her to you." And just like that, the shield was dropped and before Karen's sister could do anything, Xena had already swiped her sword and separated the head from the shoulders.

Karen looked away immediately.

"It was for the best." She tried to comfort herself. Whereas Xena just went in on another killing rampage until only one witch was left.

Xena was drained out of her energy but she still didn't stop.

The last witch was smarter than the others who died and using her magic, she somehow snatched the sword out of Xena's calloused fingers and tossed it into somewhere deep in the forest.

That was when Xena came back to her senses - intending to piss her pants after looking at the scowling witch in front of her - and knew that it was time she better ran because she no longer has her weapon which controlled her.

Just like her, Stephen and Cassius tried to get lord Christopher but it was literally impossible!

"You Mutts! I will annihilate you from your existence! Do you think you can defeat me? Think again." Lord Christopher grabbed Stephen by his gold wings and threw him multiple yards away.

Stephen's wings were almost ripped apart.

Cassius watched his brother fly out of sight and then glared at lord Christopher.