31 : A Little While More

Cassius was shocked.

Xena was not Xena anymore. She had that sinister and dark look on her face, her pupils had decreased in size and her grip on the sword-type weapon was tight.

"Xena, drop the sword," Cassius said in a warning tone and slowly stepped closer.

"I will kill you," Xena muttered and a sly smirk found its way on her lips.

"Xena! Drop it now." Cassius ordered he could not fight her. Xena right now held the most powerful weapon in her hands, ready to attack Cassius.

This weapon in the hands of humans would bring out their darkest side. It was a dangerous boundary no one should cross.

"Now boy, make me."

"Xena . . . Ple-" but he was cut off as Xena took a step forward and Cassius contemplated what to do. Should he go towards her or let her come close?

"Fight me, boy!" Xena shouted angrily and that pissed Cassius off. He is not a boy and he cannot tolerate Xena's bad behavior any longer.

"Nope, I don't like your dark side. It's going back." He mumbled and in an instant was in front of Xena and was about to grab the sword when Xena swung it.

Cassius's breath got stuck in his throat as he dodged the sword.

Cassius appeared at Xena's back and pushed her forward. She stumbled but turned quickly and swing the sword again. She was a bit slow and Cassius was already on the other side and pushed her with slightly more power, causing her to topple over.

But she still had the sword in her hands.

He walked closer to her but she swiped it just in time to give Cassius a cut on his shin.

"Shit." He mumbled and stepped away.

Xena stood up with a smug look and ran towards him with the sword in the air.

"I have had enough." And with that, Cassius opened his large wings and with one hard swish made Xena fly over and slam into the tree, but the sword still didn't fall from her arms and Cassius groaned.

If this goes on, Xena would be severely hurt. He could not let that happen.

He in an instant, grabbed Xena and slammed her on the ground, and then straddled her. As he got the chance, he ripped the sword out of her hands and tossed it out of her reach.

Xena immediately came back to her senses. Cassius was grateful for that.

"What happened?" She mumbled as she blinked her eyes but then noticed Cassius sitting over her with her hands calloused in his stronghold.

"What are you doing?!" She shrieked, obviously surprised by the position they were in.

"I have decided that I like you better this way."

"What do you mean?" Cassius only shook his head and laid his head down on Xena's chest. She immediately stiffened and tried to control her breathing but it was almost impossible.

"My leg for the first time in years is hurting like hell," Cassius claimed and Xena knitted her brows. "That sword is really powerful. Thank you for helping me find it."

Xena could only nod as Cassius snuggled himself in the valley of her soft breasts.

"Can you get up?" Xena asked but Cassius shook his head in reply.

"Please, for a little while more." Xena didn't say anything else and simply let him.

Cassius could not believe he finally got the thing he wanted his whole life but what else he figured out just now was that he cared for this girl below him more than the weapon.

He could not just lose her. She was too precious.

Also, he knew that his hunger for her will never go away.

"Come on, I promised that I will let you meet your father once before we return," Cassius muttered and got off Xena.

Xena got up herself and then looked around while Cassius placed the sword in the bag he had brought with him.

The moment he held it, a rush of memories came to him and he closed his eyes for just a moment.

All the power he ever needed was in his hands now but something still nagged him.

"Hey, do you want to celebrate with chocolate cakes since you finally found your father's sword?" Xena initiated and Cassius quietly nodded.

"Okay."

Cassius ended up eating two whole chocolate cakes. This was the first-ever human dish that he had ever liked in the rest of them but then again, he wasn't feeling himself lately.

Something had changed in him but he didn't know what.

While he ate, Xena went to see her father. She didn't tell him much except the fact that she would be going with Cassius and that she would be safe.

Her father nodded and wished her well but also told her that Prince Aries might come back and ask for Xena's hand again.

Xena was bumped since then.

"We should go back as soon as possible," Xena muttered as she entered her room - she had to get away from this place before Prince Aries came - and Cassius nodded, wiping the remaining chocolate from his face.

"Let's go." Just like that, he grabbed Xena by her waist and took off from the window.

It had hardly been an hour since they had set out when Xena had decided that it was her time to sleep. The night had already fallen and the stars were now out.

Xena had a tight grip on Cassius as he flew through the sky. It was silent until there was a zap in the air and Cassius found himself having immense pain in his right wing.

"Shit!" He whispered and shouted when he felt his wing stop working and he started to go down. An arrow had come and struck his wing bone.

Xena woke up at the feeling of falling and when she realized what was happening, she screamed.

Cassius tightened his grip on her and switched places so he was the one to embrace the fall. He also somehow managed to pull the arrow out from his wing but the fall was still inevitable.

And when Cassius finally met the ground, he blacked out with a crying Xena in his arms.

...
BoOm!

P R O Q U E E N