30 : Pretty Boy

30 : Pretty Boy

Cassius had decided that he would go back to Xena's kingdom with her but before that, he wanted to get Stephen checked by the oldest swifter of their kind.

He didn't want his brother to be what the humans had made him.

Cassius sat in front of the old woman who looked at Stephen's back. She inspected the small feathers emerging from his back but not to their full form - it wasn't even a form.

"You say that they came out when you both fought?" Cassius nod and the old lady rub Stephen's back softly which causes him to moan.

"Any explanation?" Cassius asked when she didn't say anything.

"The wings will only come out when you need them. Like when you feel the most desire to bring them out. They are jammed in your skin because never really opened them while your time with the humans. Your skin healed over them." Cassius gritted his teeth.

More reason to hate humankind.

"Thank you." Cassius stood up and walked out while Stephen was getting massaged on his back.

He also needed one of those massages again. Definitely.

Cassius walked to his room where Xena sat with Karen. They both talked every second of their day. Cassius thought it was a time waste for two of his enemies to mingle together.

"You!" Cassius pointed towards Xena, "Get up and You!" He then pointed at Karen, "Out."

Karen immediately scurried away while Xena stood with her arms folded and a scowl etched on her face. She had an angry look on his face.

He can't just order her whenever he liked.

"Don't look at me like that," Cassius warned but Xena just ignored him and spoke,

"Stop bossing me around. I didn't say anything yesterday because you were happy but I am not being nice anymore. Stop bossing me around." Xena claimed.

"I will boss you around for as long as I desire and you can do nothing about it because here, you are not as safe as you think. The moment you are alone, you will be feasted upon."

"I hate you!" Xena claimed and Cassius was now only two centimeters away from her in a flash.

Xena almost stumbled back but Cassius had caught her firmly from the hips.

"I don't like you either. Get ready, we are going back to your kingdom." The sullen mode that had taken over Xena turned into a happy one.

"Really?" Cassius sighed at her overuse of facial muscles and shook his head. Why was she like this?

"Get ready, I don't want to waste time." Xena immediately nod and rushed to the bathroom while Cassius picked up all essentials which included only an empty bag.

If he was right, the knife that Xena was talking about could be the sword - which he had spent most of his life finding - which could be dangerous in a human's hands. They would kill any and everyone.

This is what happens when a human takes hold of a mystical weapon.

Xena came out dressed in a completely blue dress that reached her shin. The dress was tight on her waist but flowed down to her legs. It was a very nice dress.

She quickly slid on a pair of white shoes and pulled her hair into a braid.

"I am ready." Cassius gives her a nod of approval.

"We should ask Killian to go too, he has a family at home." Xena initiated and Cassius groaned. Why does she have to be right all the damn time?

If Cassius takes Killian now, they would have to walk on foot and he couldn't bear it, he would just end up killing him but he also wanted to take the burden off him.

"We will worry about it later. I am not done with him yet." Cassius mutter and pull Xena into him by the waist. This had become a normal thing between them now, but then again, this normal gesture made Xena's heart flutter.

Xena grabbed his shirt from the front - the shirt he wore only for the sake of Xena - as Cassius lifted them both.

Pumping his wings, they both left the kingdom and towards Xena's palace.

It was going to be a long way back.

Cassius was impatient so he flew as fast as he could with a human in his arms. Xena had tightly wrapped her arms and legs around Cassius and had dug her face into his rock-hard chest.

She didn't want to fall, Cassius was not going to let her fall.

"We are here," Cassius mumbled over the strong wind and Xena somehow peeled her head from his chest and tried to look around but was unsuccessful and placed her head back in its original place.

Her grip around his neck tightened as Cassius tilted them toward the ground.

"I am going to fall," Xena whispered but Cassius heard her and instead of a reply, he tightened his grip on her.

Cassius straightened himself as he was a foot away from the ground and landed perfectly on his feet. Xena still had a tight grasp on him.

"You can get off now." Xena slowly peeled her head from his chest and looked around. Cassius just stood straight, waiting for her to get off.

"You know, it's really inappropriate for a Princess hugging another King that could possibly eat her." Xena glared at him but still obeyed and pulled away and slowly placed her legs on the ground.

She took a minute to regain her balance.

"Now, take me to the treehouse."

"First promise me that you will let me see my father," Xena spoke and Cassius sighed.

"Fair enough." Xena smiled and looked around again. They were standing right below the window of her room.

Cassius honestly did not want to waste his time in getting Xena reunited with her family but then again, she deserved it.

Xena then started walking and Cassius followed after her. She walked through a small passage hidden from tall hedges and opened the way to a very large ground.

In the center stood an old tree with a large tree house standing on it. It was too old that if someone more than eighty Kg got up, it might fall.

"It should be somewhere here," Xena muttered and started looking around. Cassius too looked around.

Xena went around the tree and looked at a familiar spot and started digging up the dirt while Cassius looked around in the corners.

"Found it!" Xena called out and immediately picked it up and there was a shift in the air.

"Xena, no!"

Cassius quickly ran over to her side but what he saw next made him breathless.

"You want it, pretty boy? Come, fight for it." The weapon had once again taken over Xena.

...
Boom! What do you think?
P R O Q U E E N