32 : Marrying Him

32 : Marrying Him

"Cassius? Cassius! No!" Xena whispered worriedly while getting out of his embrace and started slapping his cheek lightly.

"Cassius! Wake up! Please!" Xena begged while shaking but it was of no use. He had hit his head really hard and he had passed out. Maybe he was even dead.

Xena had hot tears streaming down her cheek and when she heard rustling in the bushes, she immediately started looking around. The only light she had was of the moon.

She finally made out what the rustling of bushes was causing and for the first time she wished that it was a rabbit but it was not.

Those were soldiers. She couldn't make out the logos on their clothes but she knew they were soldiers by their attire.

"Leave us alone!" Xena shouted in the quiet woods and one of the soldiers laughed.

"Why are you protecting him? Anyway, we are here for you." He replied and took a step forward.

Xena looked down at Cassius who was still knocked out and she whimpered as one of the guards grabbed her arm tightly.

Cassius, wake up please! Wake up! Help me.

Xena had thousands of thoughts in her head and instead of saying them out aloud, she just cried them out.

She struggled in the guard's hold but he just chained her wrists and pulled her harshly. One of the guards walked towards Cassius and Xena's eyes widened.

"Leave him alone!"

"Or what?" The guard scoffed and Xena tried to pull herself towards him and slap him in the face but someone beat her to it,

"Don't waste time. We have to go right now. Animals will eat him here." The guard holding Xena called out and the other guard nodded.

A sob was released from Xena's mouth as she realized what the guard had just said. If he didn't wake up soon then he would be the food of some animal.

"Please, wake up Cassius," Xena whispered for the last time as she was pulled from his view and pushed into a carriage.

"Where are you taking me?" Xena asked no one in particular.

"Lord Christopher." That one word was enough. Just enough to tell her what she was going to be facing.

It was not until morning when Cassius opened his eyes and found Stephen above him with hands on his hips.

"The King fell so quickly?" Stephen taunted and Cassius shut his eyes. A big headache formed in his head.

What was happening again? Oh yeah, he fell with Xena in his arms.

Xena?

Where was she?  He thought. Cassius immediately snapped his eyes open and looked at his brother with wide eyes.

"Xena?" He whispered her name and Stephen shook his head,

"She wasn't here when I came. I bandage your wing up though." Cassius nodded and closed his eyes.

"What happened last night?"

"I was shot in the wing. Fell down with Xena. Blacked out." Cassius mumbled incoherently and Stephen looked at him weirdly.

Stephen was actually feeling weird in the middle of the night and asked Karen if she could teleport him to where Cassius was and due to her great powers, that was possible.

If Stephen would be any second later, Cassius would've been a feast for wild animals.

"We have to find her," Cassius mumbled with a raised finger and dropped it as soon as he raised it.

Whatever was wrong with him was making him feel drowsy.

"No! I will find her, you go back. No excuses. You have a Kingdom to lead. You took a great blow to your head, you could get a concussion." Stephen spoke demandingly to his brother. Cassius was out of his mind and nodded anyway.

"Wait, you are going to let me talk to you like that?" Cassius unknowingly nodded again and Stephen smirked.

Cassius opened his eyes and got up.

He was a little dizzy but gained his composure.

"Do you have anything to eat?" Stephen nodded and pulled out a bag full of meat and passed it to his brother.

Remembering the bag, Cassius checked his back to see the bag was still intact. Ok, that was good.

Cassius started gobbling the food and soon enough, he was as healthy as ever except for the still-healing wounded wing and a tiny headache.

"If you don't return till sundown, I will come myself." Stephen nodded and ushered Cassius to go.

Cassius nodded and started to walk and then slowly started to run. His running speed was not like humans, it was quite faster. Equal to a racing car which was in benefit to him and he raced to his kingdom.

Xena was rudely pushed into the office of her uncle who sat proudly on his throne.

"Why did you bring me here?"

Christopher only smirked and motioned to someone. Suddenly the door opened and appeared Prince Aries. Xena's eyes widened.

"You are marrying him so we can create an alliance."

"What?" Xena exclaimed baffled. Her eyes were wide and she could not believe her ears.

"And then we will throw your father off. He is of no use anyway."

"How could you!?" Xena exclaimed baffled. She wanted to slap the old man.

"Take her away." And just like that, Xena was pulled away by a guard.

Cassius. Please be okay.

...
I know my chapter are getting shirt but I am trying . . . Anyway, what do you think?
I hate lord Christopher.
P R O Q U E E N