23 : Monthly Blood Supply

It was early in the morning when Xena was met with a surprise of her own.

A very bloody surprise.

Xena had woken up really early when she felt something hot and wet on her thighs - she immediately knew it was no good news.

The bigger problem was that she was in a tight embrace of Cassius with his wings still covering both of them.

Xena's heart came to her throat when she could not think of a way to escape his arms without waking him up.

Without letting the blood sickle down her leg like a thief.

Hadn't Cassius sniffed her blood yet? Hadn't he felt the need to eat? It was human blood after all.

"Cassius," Xena whispered and Cassius immediately opened his eyes. He was awake, he couldn't sleep knowing that Xena was bleeding down there.

So he simply closed his eyes to avoid looking at her and just waited for her to wake up and find a solution for her own mess.

Back in Cassius' kingdom, females also had a bleeding spree but their blood was not similar to humans.

One look at him and Xena also now knew that Cassius knew after looking into his clouded eyes and a little shimmer of his canines.

Xena immediately shuddered. The images!

"I have to go," Xena muttered very low. Cassius nodded and let her go. Xena immediately sat up and looked at Stephen who was still fast asleep. How has he still not smelled her blood and waken up?

"He has been among humans for far too long. He had forgotten what the blood smelt or tasted like. He doesn't even eat meat anymore." Cassius answered Xena's unasked question.

"Cassius, can you ask the chauffer to stop the chariot?" Xena politely asked and Cassius nodded. He pushed his head out of the window and banged his large palm against the chariot's wood.

It immediately comes to a stop and Cassius slid himself back in.

Xena opened the door and slowly tried to get off the high chariot. Cassius groaned. He was losing his brain cells by the passing seconds being so close to her so after he helped her out, he also walked in a direction of his own, leaving Stephen and the chauffer alone.

He wanted to be away from her.

Xena went to her luggage with her dress slightly lifted up so it did not touch the ground. She pulled another small handy carry which probably held her essentials and another dress that reached to her shin.

Maybe I shouldn't let her go alone, what if this human gets eaten by someone before me. Cassius thought while staring at Xena.

"Let's go," Cassius muttered and Xena stopped to look at him.

"You are not coming with me," Xena stated and Cassius shook his head.

"We don't want any animals to eat you up, especially Lions. You won't even survive in these woods. If you don't want anyone smelling your blo-"