21 : Wings

21 : Wings

"Why don't you understand that not all of them are guilty?" Stephen threw the question at his brother.

Xena watched the drama unfold. The two men looked ready to fight.

"Answer me, Stephen. Humans hurt Humans - just now I had rescued Xena from her people so tell me, if they can kill their own kind, they won't break a sweat to try and kill us again." Cassius slammed back.

He had a valid point. Humans can never be trusted. They don't trust each other, why would they trust someone else other than their kind?

Just the other day, everyone was ready to kill Cassius.

How can he leave these humans alive only to risk his and his kind's lives again?!

He cannot let it happen all over again.

"Please Cassius, you have your views but not everyone is bad. Princess Xena didn't try to kill you-"

"She is ready to betray her family! Don't you think she will do the same to us!?" Cassius cut him off and Xena felt personally attacked.

Xena just only realized,

Cassius was right, she was going to help him get revenge on his uncle who had helped the attack on his kind - but she was doing this for the better! A good thing. So Cassius can leave and live in peace again.

"Cassius! You really thought I would betray you?" Xena's eyes were filled with hurt and Cassius stopped for a moment. Damn it!

He had forgotten she was here.

"Xena, get out for a moment," Cassius stated rudely and Stephen's eyes widened. He could not believe how rude his brother could be. How rude he had become.

"Princess, please, can you give us brothers some minutes alone." Stephen rephrased in a more nice and respectful way.  Xena nodded.

Stephen was more well mannered and she liked it.

She moved towards the door, the moment she stepped out and closed the door behind her, the brothers fell in a wrestle. It was a tradition in their world, to wrestle instead of venting.

They pushed each other and tried their best to hurt each other. The older brother was much stronger so he easily tossed Stephen around like a ball.

When they had finally cooled off, the room was trashed. Like completely - Xena's father had the room repaired after Cassius left to rescue Xena. Xena's bed was broken and the dressing table was covered in shards of the mirror. The perfume bottles were broken and their scent had already defused in the air.

Stephen was bleeding from his back while Cassius was as clean as he was before. Not even a small scar. He was always the better fighter.

Meanwhile outside the room, Xena had a keen ear at the door.

Xena entered the room - she was tired of being out of her room but the good thing was that she had bought two chocolate cakes aswell - a gasp escaped her lips at the sight of her room and the two men.

One of the cake was about to drop to the ground from Xena's hand when Cassius had caught it by one hand and licked it.

"Damn, if I get a cake for trashing your room, I could do it every day."

First of all, Xena has had enough of Cassius' wild behavior, his cursing and second of all, his stupid jokes, and his way of doing things.

She was angry.

As Cassius was about to take the whole cake in his mouth, Xena snatched it away and glared at him.

Cassius widened his eyes at her sudden actions.

Xena's eyes went from Cassius to Stephen who was all bloody from the back - his shirt - and her eyes widen.

"Oh my god!" She mumbled and placed the cake on the almost broken table and rushed to Stephen and pulled him to the bathroom.

All the while, Cassius had a clenched jaw.

While Xena helped his brother in the bathroom, Cassius angrily ate the cake.

"Why does she care for him so much!" Cassius angrily whispered to himself.

"Stephen!" Xena shouted and at that Cassius immediately ran into the bathroom, leaving the cake. What had happened to make Xena shout!?

But what he saw next made his heart flutter.

There was hope.

Stephen was bleeding from his back, not because of Cassius' beating but because a quarter of his wings had popped out of his skin.

"Stephen," Cassius mumbled and immediately took his brother in his arms.

"How did this happen?" Stephen asked baffled.

"Maybe I have to make you angry more often." Cassius laughed and Xena's belly warmed at his loud rumbling rich voice.

Time had passed and Xena had taken another room while the last one was set to repair.

Again.

Stephen had gone home and promised to come later. Cassius was tired as hell and dozed off on the double bed.

Xena also cleaned up and got in the bed with Cassius - since this time, the bed was king-sized.

Larger than the previous one.

Without knowingly, in the middle of the night, Cassius had draped an arm around Xena and brought her closer to himself.

....

Didn't know what else to add in this . . .

P R O Q U E E N