Chapter 1: The accident

Lily Christensen, the name once heard could never be forgotten.Not because of her extra-ordinary looks, but her friendly nature and beautiful personality.

Her perfect brown ringlets reached an inch below her waist. Her large brown eyes highlighted by a thick row of eye lashes along with her honey skin, enhanced by light touch of pink blush made her look so perfect.

"Perfect?" I questioned my reflection.

But instead of her, I heard a squeaky voice from my bed.

"Yes, you are."

"I thought, you slept, Marie?"

I turned around to face my childhood best friend, Marie Smith. Her parents were out of town, so she was staying with me for a week.

She looked at me through her drowsy little eyes.

"Stop talking to yourself. You aren't letting me sleep." She spoke.

"I have an idea."

She slid beneath the covers as deep as she can.

"Marie! I have an idea."

"I don't care. I have to sleep." She replied coldly.

"Fine! But you said, we'll have a lot of fun when you'll come to stay with me."

"I'm scared of your ideas, Lily."

"Get dressed. I'm taking you out. We'll be back before morning."

"No, not at all"

I was not ready to accept the rejection so soon.

I changed into black jeans and a baby pink shirt. Brushing my hair, I looked at my reflection once again.

It has been 7 years now, but I couldn't forget what happened the day I almost drowned. I thought somebody pulled me out of the water but according to mom, there was no one there. My body floated itself to the surface.

All I could remember was that strange flute and a pair of hands that carried me out.

Ever since, I kept having nightmares and in the background, that flute always played. I wasn't an ordinary teenager whose life revolved around high school drama. I had many family dramas to handle too.

After the death of my father, my mother married my high school Chemistry teacher about 3 years ago.

Now, I had a 2 year old baby brother Aaron who was the center of this universe for my mother and her husband.

I, on the other hand, was nothing more than the last memory of my father. It was a day before her wedding that she decided to get rid of all photographs of my father from the house.

To add insult to injury, the chemistry Teacher, Mr. David Mayfield rented out his single bedroom apartment and shifted to our house along with his few belongings.

I turned around to have a look at Marie who was sound asleep now.

"Marie?" I whispered.

There was no answer, so I thought to stick with my plan alone.

I sneaked out of my bedroom and went downstairs.

This wasn't the first time, I was sneaking out. But it was the first time, I was doing it alone.

Marie had always supported me in my plans, good or bad, both. Beside her, my ex-boyfriend Chase Grey was the only person who I could confide in. But he was out hanging with his new girlfriend, I suppose, so I was left alone in my adventure now.