Chapter 7: The curse of Ella

"Why I haven't heard that tune last night?" I kept asking myself as I walked past the Music Class. I didn't want to see Adrian's face after what happened yesterday. He, somehow managed to escape again.

I went to Cafeteria to wait for Marie. I couldn't tell her about our little adventure as she had slept earlier. I sat on an empty table near the window, watching almost half of the school sitting there.

My eyes met Chase's. And he turned his head to laugh at something Sabrina said. Sitting beside Sabrina were her two "so- called" Bestfriends Rita and Bailey. Next to Bailey was Nathan. I remembered the time, when Marie used to be on that table too, trying to please Nathan with lame jokes.

Nathan looked at me, and whispered something in Rita's ear. She laughed and whispered something back. I started watching the kids on other tables. It felt so awkward to sit alone when everyone had friends to sit with.

I wanted Marie to return from the Music Class very soon. I had to tell her everything about Adrian.

"Hey, Can I sit here?"

I raised my eyes to see a brown haired tall guy standing with a tray in his hand.

"There's no empty table left. If you don't mind..." He added.

I nodded," Sure."

He placed his tray on the table, and sat beside me, making my situation look alot more awkward. It made me feel the loneliest person on this whole planet Earth.

"I'm Scott Grey"."

"Lily Christensen."

He nodded, and took out his laptop from his bag.

"Sorry, I'm bothering you but I had to do something important and it wasn't possible to use laptop while standing up."

"Doesn't matter." I said casually.

I saw Marie walking into the Cafeteria from the back door. I waved at her, and she waved back.

"Hi Lily." She smiled.

Her eyes moved to Scott, and before I could say anything about him.

She smiled," Hello Scott."

"You two know eachother?" I asked.

Scott nodded," Hi Marie."
And He turned his head towards me and spoke,"We took FRENCH together last year."

Marie prompted,"So?"

"How was the Music Class?" I asked.

"It was great. I don't understand why you missed it, Lil. He even asked about you."

"Long story."

Scott closed his laptop, and looked at Marie meaningfully.

"It's done, Marie."

She nodded without saying a word.

"See you girls later, sometime."

Scott got up, and left the table at once.

"What was all that about?" I asked Marie.

"I have asked him to hack Nathan's cellphone for me."

"WHAT?" I gaped.

"I think, he's sleeping with one of those bitches nowadays. I need to know which one."

"Why are you so interested? I told you to let him go. You two are over now."

"I can't! He begged me to come back to him. And I want to make sure that it would be a good decision to return back or not."

"Marie! Why don't you listen to me? He's a jerk, he'll hurt you again."