Chapter24: Who kills who?

For killing a devil, two things are always needed. First, a perfect plan and second, a perfect place. As far as the place was concerned, we were standing at the most perfect place to execute the plan that wasn't decided yet.
Even though Adrian was not the person I fell in love with;he was that face which made my heart skip beats. But as it was said, that love was something deeper than superficial beauty. I wasn't only in love with his face but his heart. I felt bad for Adrian or whatever that thing was. I remained quiet as Gabriella walked around the hall in her graceful gait thinking about a perfect way to kill him.
Chase was looking at both of us, may be, he was trying to adore the fact that he had two of me infront of him. He placed his arm around my shoulder and kissed my hair.
"Don't worry. Everything will be alright,Lil."

I nodded,"I do hope, supporting Gabriella is a good idea. I don't feel so good about it though."

"I know, you have feelings for Adrian. But he isn't a human. He's just a lost spirit. That face belongs to a dead man, James Wilson. But you don't have to do anything that you don't want to."

"Thank you so much, Chase. You always support me, and I love that." I smiled.
Gabriella sat next to us again with a big grin on her face.

"The only thing that could kill him is this locket..." She pointed towards the butterfly pendant around my neck. "What's so important about this locket? I mean, how could it kill him..."Chase asked.

"When the witch cursed me as a baby, I was wearing this pendant. Every curse could be broken one way or another. The witch created him, and she wanted to create a way to destroy him too. She placed a spell on my pendant that could kill him."Gabriella explained.

"Why you haven't killed him long ago? Why you waited for such a long time" I asked.

''I thought he was my Adrian. I could never do anything to harm him. I wanted him to suffer for his mistakes, but I couldn't kill my husband like this. Besides, the witch took my necklace when I staged my death. Then one day, I was visiting her, and I came to know that somebody had stolen it from her. I became hopeful that Adrian must have been searching for me."

"No offence, but you don't make much sense to me."Chase frowned.

"You have 350 years to catch up, I don't blame you for not understanding."Gabriella smiled.

"What's the plan?" I interrupted.

I wanted to finish this thing as soon as possible to save myself from the agony of feeling sorry for Adrian. I never thought that I would ever think about killing the person, I used to love.

Gabriella spoke again," I tried to kill Adrian at the police station. I almost succeeded at doing that, but he escaped at the very last moment. But I can't let him do this again...."
I interrupted her again," YOU did that?"

" Yeah, it was me.... So what?"

"Oh my God, I thought he was behind all those innocent killings."

" The fire got out of control, I couldn't do anything about it."Gabriella replied casually.

"I can't believe it."

"Why are you so upset about it, Lily?"

"Because that's the reason, I decided to help you to kill him. I thought, he was dangerous for everyone."

"Don't forget he tried to kill us in that accident earlier." Chase reminded me.

"Exactly! He's dangerous. He's not a
human who has a brain to think about everything. He's a spirit, he has different phases. He would kill anyone who come close to you, Lily."
She looked at Chase in a meaningful way.