Chapter 4: Adrian Jones

"Adrian Jones." I repeated his name in my head many times.

He shouldn't be who I thought he was, as if he was the same man. It made him a criminal, and no crime was bigger than taking someone's life.

"Music Class?" Marie asked in a surprised tone, "Why would you join a music class?"

I leaned back against my seat, to whisper.

"I just want to."

I could imagine her shaking her brown curls sitting behind me, "You just don't wake up wanting things. There's always a bigger reason behind your wants and needs, Lily Christensen. Enlighten me with those needs."

I rotated my head a little backwards, to have a look of Marie face. But before I could see her expression, someone else noticed me.

"Lily Christensen and Marie Fields!" Mr. Daniel pointed at us. "I think, you two are having some difficulty leaning back and forward respectively, for the sole person of enlightening each other with  something more important than the tragedy of Hamlet."

"No, Absolutely not, Sir. The tragedy of Hamlet is the only tragedy being discussed in this room." Marie whispered slowly. Unfortunately, Mr. Daniel heard her.

He looked at her, and adjusted his spectacles.

"Marie Fields, will you mind sharing your point of view with the class about what we were discussing earlier."

"HAMLET IS THE TRAGEDY OF REFLECTION." She mimicked his voice.

He frowned," I'm impressed. Please leave the class, and don't forget to take your friend with you."

I heard the suppressed laughter of the class. Marie was already at the door, when I reached behind her.

"Wasn't it a tragedy of reflection?" She grinned as she leaned against her locker.

"I don't care. I want to make sure that Adrian wasn't the same guy who I saw that day."

"Which guy are we talking about?" She looked around anxiously.

I sighed," The guy who jumped out of the Prison van."

"Oh, that one. The one with beautiful blue eyes." 

"I'm serious, Marie. I need to make sure that this new music teacher isn't the same person."

I placed my books in the locker.

"By joining his music class?" Marie asked.

I nodded," yes, by joining his music class."

"Why don't you show me this Adrian guy?" she smiled.

"You don't believe me?" I narrowed my eyes.

Marie eyes shimmered with invisible stars. "Whoa, who's that babe magnet?"

I turned around to see Marie's distraction. And what I saw amused me. Every single girl had her eyes fixed on a guy standing outside the principal office.

"Well, that's Adrian." I commented.

It was like he heard his name, somehow. He turned around at once.

Adrian scanned the whole corridor, his eyes stopped on me for a while, but he looked away and then he started walking towards the music room.

"Let's join the music class." Marie announced.

"He's not the reason of my joining, I have a bigger purpose. " I tried to make her understand.

Marie dragged me towards the Music class.